General Electric Software Manager in Hyderabad, India
Job Description Summary
We seek an enquiring mind, desire to learn new skills and a broad understanding of engineering fundamentals plus the ability to work efficiently within a geographically distributed team.
If you enjoy challenging tough problems, delivering thoughtful solutions, and learning every single day, you may be a good candidate to join our team.
Roles and Responsibilities
In this role, you will:
· Lead an agile development team, guiding all aspects of the development process and product lifecycle
· Involved in full lifecycle development phases that include solution design, development, unit testing, integration, and acceptance testing support
· Help maintain code quality, organization, and automation
· Learn and apply new technologies if required
· Write code with consideration for continuous integration & delivery
· Task planning, follow-up, reporting
· Mentoring and coaching team members, both technical supervision and supporting career growth
Bachelor's or Masters Degree in Computer Science
Desired CharacteristicsTechnical Expertise:
• Strong knowledge of Object Oriented Analysis and Design, Software Design Patterns and Java coding principles
• Hands-on experience in web services (REST, SOAP, WSDL etc.), using Apache Commons Suite & Maven, SQL Database such as Oracle MySQL, PostgreSQL etc.
• Hands-on experience in utilizing Spring Framework (Core, MVC, Integration and Data)
• Experience with Big Data / Hadoop and NoSQL Database is a big plus
• Hands-on experience with web development using HTML5, Java Script, jQuery, CSS. Also, experience in implementing Java OSGi modules and using an OSGi container.
• Experience with Play framework, Angular is a big plus
· Proven knowledge of python technologies and frameworks
· Good understanding of software life cycle, source control tools
· Able to work on full-stack solutions
· 3-5+ years of software development experience
· Lead development best practices (peer review, estimation, design documentation, testing)
· English both spoken and written
· People management experience
· Familiarity with Angular 2· Knowledge of web/APIframeworks
· Familiarity with the overall CI/CD process
· Good understanding of software life cycle
• Demonstrates clarity of thinking to work through limited information and vague problem definitions
• Influences through others; builds direct and "behind the scenes" support for ideas
• Proactively identifies and removes project obstacles or barriers on behalf of the team
• Shares knowledge, power, and credit, establishing trust, credibility, and goodwill
• Able to work under minimal supervision
• Excellent communication skills and the ability to interface with senior leadership with confidence and clarity
• Able to work well with global teams, including time-zone flexibility
• Skilled in providing oversight and mentoring team members. Shows ability to effectively delegate work
This Job Description is intended to provide a high level guide to the role. However, it is not intended to amend or otherwise restrict/expand the duties required from each individual employee as set out in their respective employment contract and/or as otherwise agreed between an employee and their manager.
Relocation Assistance Provided: Yes