General Electric Software Engineer in Hyderabad, India
Job Description Summary
Our projects are executed within an international environment involving software development and implementation held in multi-sites and multi-countries. Hence both technical skills and interpersonal (communication both in oral and written form, self-organization, reporting, autonomy, decision making, English) are of utmost importance.
We deliver DERMS solutions designed around a modern architecture that supports product-based modules. These modules are reusable and can be easily implemented in a short amount of time to meet tight regulatory deadlines.
Roles and Responsibilities
In this role, you will:
• Demonstrate the understanding of Agile software development lifecycle and able to distinguish the core inputs and outputs in each cycle.
• Engage in technical discussions; participate in technical designs and present technical ideas through white boarding
• Execute in a fast pace delivery mode and focus in delivering tasks to meet the product release goal
• Maintain code quality through best practices, unit testing and code quality automation
• Seek and provide feedback on design and development
• Demonstrate the ability to make informed technology choices after due diligence and impact assessment
• Understand whole product, its modules and the interrelationship between them while being an expert in the assigned component or module
• Help in designing interfaces and information exchange between modules
• Articulate the need for scalability and understand the importance of improving quality through testing.
• Be an expert in writing code that meets standards and delivers the desired functionality using the technology selected for the project
• Participate in design reviews, define interfaces between code modules, and applies existing technology to designs
• Participate in discussions related to assessing application performance and optimizing/improving it through design and best coding practices
• Have good understanding of core data structures as well as algorithms and has the ability to implement them using language of choice
• Work with Product Line Leaders (PLLs) to understand product requirements & vision
•Write code that meets standards and delivers desired functionality using the technology selected for the project
For roles outside USA:
Bachelor's or Masters Degree in Computer Science
Desired CharacteristicsTechnical Expertise:
• Strong knowledge of Software Design Patterns and Python coding principles
• Hands-on experience in web services and API development (REST, SOAP, WSDL etc.)
• Experience with Angular or React is a plus.
• Strong problem-solving abilities and capable of articulating specific technical topics or assignments
• Experience in building scalable and highly available distributed systems
• Expert in breaking down problems and estimate time for development tasks
• Evangelizes how our technology solves customer problems from a technology and business perspective
Personal/Leadership Attributes: •
Demonstrates clarity of thinking to work through limited information and vague problem definitions
• Influences through others; builds direct and "behind the scenes" support for ideas
• Proactively identifies and removes project obstacles or barriers on behalf of the team
• Shares knowledge, power, and credit, establishing trust, credibility, and goodwill
• Able to work under minimal supervision
• Excellent communication skills and the ability to interface with senior leadership with confidence and clarity
• Able to work well with global teams, including time-zone flexibility
• Skilled in providing oversight and mentoring team members. Shows ability to effectively delegate work;
This Job Description is intended to provide a high level guide to the role. However, it is not intended to amend or otherwise restrict/expand the duties required from each individual employee as set out in their respective employment contract and/or as otherwise agreed between an employee and their manager.
Relocation Assistance Provided: Yes