General Electric Software Engineer in Hyderabad, India
Job Description Summary
We are looking to hire an innovative Front-End Developer, who will be responsible for programing a component, feature and or feature set. Works independently and contributes to the immediate team and to other teams across business. Responsible for software lifecycle including activities such as requirement analysis, documentation/procedures and implementation.
Roles and Responsibilities
In this role, you will:
• Be responsible and work within a team of reusable UI component and services, in order to create a UI Design System to be used by all other engineering teams in Digital Grid
• Be responsible for defining, developing, and evolving software in a fast paced and agile development environment using the latest software development technologies and infrastructure
• Work with UX Designers and Researchers in order to implement UI components, applications and meet user requirements base on UX specifications and user feedback
• Work cross functionally with other business departments to align activities and deliverables
• Have awareness of SDLC and methodologies like Lean/Agile/XP, CI, Software and Product Security, Scalability, Documentation Practices, refactoring and Testing Techniques.
• Ability to write code that meets standards and delivers desired functionality using the technology selected for the project.
• Understand performance parameters and can assess application performance.
• Understand core data structures and algorithms and has the ability to implement them using language of choice.
• Write code that meets standards and delivers desired functionality using the technology selected for the project.
• Bachelor's Degree in Computer Science or “STEM” Majors (Science, Technology, Engineering and Math) with basic experience.
• Fluency in verbal and written English
Desired Characteristics & Technical Expertise:
• Experience with agile methodology, working with scrum teams during sprints
• Experience writing and/or integrating with REST services on the backend
• Familiarity and experience writing UI mobile applications is a plus
• Aware of methods and practices such as Lean/Agile/XP, etc.
• General understanding of the impacts of technology choice to the software development life cycle.
• Has the ability to break down problems and estimate time for development tasks.
• Understands the technology landscape, up to date on current technology trends and new technology, brings new ideas to the team.
• Displays understanding of the project’s value proposition for the customer. Shows commitment to deliver the best value proposition for the targeted customer.
• Learns organization vision statement and decision making framework. Able to understand how team and personal goals/objectives contribute to the organization vision
• Voices opinions and presents clear rationale. Uses data or factual evidence to influence.
• Learns organization vision statement and decision making framework. Able to understand how team and personal goals/objectives contribute to the organization vision.
• Completes assigned tasks on time and with high quality. Takes independent responsibility for assigned deliverables.
• Seeks to understand problems thoroughly before implementing solutions. Asks questions to clarify requirements when ambiguities are present.
• Identifies opportunities for innovation and offers new ideas. Takes the initiative to experiment with new software frameworks
• Adapts to new environments and changing requirements. Pivots quickly as needed. When coached, responds to need & seeks info from other sources
This Job Description is intended to provide a high level guide to the role. However, it is not intended to amend or otherwise restrict/expand the duties required from each individual employee as set out in their respective employment contract and/or as otherwise agreed between an employee and their manager.
Relocation Assistance Provided: Yes