General Electric Quality Assurance Engineer in Hyderabad, India
Job Description Summary
Responsible for testing a feature and or a small feature set with ability to work independently, break down problems and estimate time for quality related tasks.
Roles and Responsibilities
In this role, you will:
• Break down problems and estimate time required for quality related tasks
• Demonstrate increasing expertise in application domain and functional areas
• Apply various testing types and methodologies effectively during SDLC
• Take ownership of small tasks and deliver without supervision while using their discretion to seek help when necessary
• Apply principles of SDLC and methodologies like Lean/Agile/XP, CI, Software and Product Security, Scalability, Documentation Practices, refactoring and Testing Techniques
• Work independently and delivers testing and use case creation which meets standards and delivers desired functionality using the technology selected for the project
• Write effective tests according to best practices so that crucial functional requirements are verified and tests remain valid when code is refactored
• Begin to collaborate with development team in bugs fixing and build plans
• Collaborate with Quality Leaders in creating test plans
• Implement and configures testing tools and at times help junior staff
• Implement system-level integration testing
• Be skilled in core data structures and algorithms
• Define quality metrics, best practices and coding patterns, and provides deep expertise on the coding
For roles outside USA:
Bachelor's Degree in Computer Science or “STEM” Majors (Science, Technology, Engineering and Math) with basic experience.
For roles in USA:Bachelor's Degree in Computer Science or “STEM” Majors (Science, Technology, Engineering and Math) with minimum years of experience2years
Desired CharacteristicsTechnical expertise
Software Testing for High level Telecom software application for Telecom assets management.
Test Environment setup using SNMP simulator for various telecom assets
Test automation using Groovy Script, Katalon Studio, Selenium
Evaluate and Improve existing test cases and its automation
Has a solid understanding of the underlying infrastructure needed to run a large distributed web application
Has the ability to break down problems and estimate time for development tasks
Has the ability to make basic technology choices based on experience
Demonstrates awareness about competitors and industry
• Has the ability to take ownership of small tasks and deliver without supervision while using their discretion to seek help when necessary
• Voices opinions and presents clear rationale. Uses data or factual evidence to influence
• Recognizes collaborative behaviour and participates in collaborative activities
• Able to understand how team and personal goals/objectives contribute to the organization vision
• Demonstrates the ability to help team members
• Seeks to understand problems thoroughly before implementing solutions. Asks questions to clarify requirements when ambiguities are present
• Identifies opportunities for innovation and offers new ideas. Takes the initiative to experiment with new software frameworks
• Adapts to new environments and changing requirements. Pivots quickly as needed. When coached, responds to need & seeks info from other sources
To comply with US immigration and other legal requirements, it is necessary to specify the minimum number of years' experience required for any role based within the USA. For roles outside of the USA, to ensure compliance with applicable legislation, the JDs should focus on the substantive level of experience required for the role and a minimum number of years should NOT be used.
This Job Description is intended to provide a high level guide to the role. However, it is not intended to amend or otherwise restrict/expand the duties required from each individual employee as set out in their respective employment contract and/or as otherwise agreed between an employee and their manager.
Relocation Assistance Provided: Yes