General Electric Quality Assurance Engineer in Hyderabad, India
Job Description Summary
Our projects are executed within an international environment involving software development and implementation held in multi-sites and multi-countries. Hence both technical skills and interpersonal (communication both in oral and written form, self-organization, reporting, autonomy, decision making, English) are of utmost importance.
We deliver DERMS solutions designed around a modern architecture that supports product-based modules. These modules are reusable and can be easily implemented in a short amount of time to meet tight regulatory deadlines.
Roles and Responsibilities
In this role, you will:
You will create Test Cases, validation Test Plans, Acceptance Test Plans and Testing Strategy.
You will create and manage the testing documentation.
You will prepare testing environments and instruments as well as software components, including final product (build configuration, smoke tests and base analysis).
You will perform functional and non-functional testing.
You will create/execute the test plan and present the test results.
You will execute regression tests and initiate corrective action if needed.
You will collaborate with developers and business analysts as needed to resolve problems and identify root cause of product defects and report and track the issues.
You will provide feedback and recommendations on software usability and functionality.
You will manage the test environments.
You will continuously look for opportunities for self-training and share knowledge and abilities with entire team.
Bachelor's or Masters Degree in Computer Science or “STEM” Majors (Science, Technology, Engineering and Math) with basic experience.
Desired CharacteristicsTechnical expertise
Experience using different types of testing (Functional, Regression, Smoke, Sanity).
Experience in functional, non-functional testing.
Experience with bug tracking and reporting systems (example: Jira);
Ability to define problems, collect data, establish facts, draw valid conclusions and provide solutions.
Problem solving and analytical skills, capable to openly present her/his own ideas.
Knowledge of different operating systems: Windows/Linux/Unix systems
Basic experience in working with relational databases as SQL, PL/SQL
Experience with different work methodologies: Agile, Waterfall
Experience testing UI/UX in web applications.
Fluent in English, in verbal and written communication.
• Has the ability to take ownership of small tasks and deliver without supervision while using their discretion to seek help when necessary
• Voices opinions and presents clear rationale. Uses data or factual evidence to influence
• Recognizes collaborative behaviour and participates in collaborative activities
• Able to understand how team and personal goals/objectives contribute to the organization vision
• Demonstrates the ability to help team members
• Seeks to understand problems thoroughly before implementing solutions. Asks questions to clarify requirements when ambiguities are present
• Identifies opportunities for innovation and offers new ideas. Takes the initiative to experiment with new software frameworks
• Adapts to new environments and changing requirements. Pivots quickly as needed. When coached, responds to need & seeks info from other sources
This Job Description is intended to provide a high level guide to the role. However, it is not intended to amend or otherwise restrict/expand the duties required from each individual employee as set out in their respective employment contract and/or as otherwise agreed between an employee and their manager.
Relocation Assistance Provided: Yes