General Electric MLOps Senior Data Scientist in Hyderabad, India
Job Description Summary
The MLOps Data Scientist will work in teams addressing machine learning and data understanding problems in a commercial technology and consultancy development environment. In this role, you will contribute to the development and deployment of modern machine learning models and analytics, leveraging MLOps technologies/process implementing analytics and model lifecycle management.
Roles and Responsibilities
As a MLOps Data Scientist, you will be part of a data science or cross-disciplinary team on commercially-facing development projects, typically involving large, complex data sets. These teams typically include statisticians, computer scientists, software developers, engineers, product managers, and end users, working in concert with partners in GE business units. Potential application areas include remote monitoring and diagnostics across infrastructure and industrial sectors, financial portfolio risk assessment, and operations optimization.
In this role, you will:
• Model and analytics lifecycle management leveraging MLOps technologies.
• Model/analytics experiment and development pipeline leveraging MLOps.
• Deployment and monitoring of analytics and model performance
• Setup model and analytics update pipeline
• Develop analytics to address customer needs and opportunities.
• Work alongside software developers and software engineers to translate algorithms into commercially viable products and services.
• Work in technical teams in development, deployment, and application of applied analytics, predictive analytics, and prescriptive analytics.
• Perform exploratory and targeted data analyses using descriptive statistics and other methods.
• Work with data engineers on data quality assessment, data cleansing and data analytics
• Generate reports, annotated code, and other projects artifacts to document, archive, and communicate your work and outcomes.
• Share and discuss findings with team members.
For roles outside USA:
Bachelor's Degree in Computer Science or “STEM” Majors (Science, Technology, Engineering and Math) with advanced experience.
For roles in USA:Bachelor's Degree in Computer Science or “STEM” Majors (Science, Technology, Engineering and Math) with minimum years of experience4years
Desired Characteristics• Demonstrated skill in the use of one or more analytic software tools or languages (e.g., SAS, SPSS, R, Python)
• Demonstrated skill at data cleansing, data quality assessment, and using analytics for data assessment
• Demonstrated skill in the use of applied analytics, descriptive statistics, feature extraction and predictive analytics on industrial datasets
• Demonstrated skill at data visualization and storytelling for an audience of stakeholders
• Demonstrated awareness of data management methods
• Demonstrated awareness of realtime analytics development and deployment
• Demonstrated awareness of MLOps methods and technologies
• Demonstrated awareness of industry and technology trends in one or more sectors where GE operates
• Demonstrated awareness of customer and stakeholder management and business metrics
• Demonstrated skill at function in a team setting
• Demonstrated awareness of critical thinking and problem solving methods
• Demonstrated awareness of presentation and influencing skills
• Demonstrated awareness of how to succeed in ambiguous circumstances
To comply with US immigration and other legal requirements, it is necessary to specify the minimum number of years' experience required for any role based within the USA. For roles outside of the USA, to ensure compliance with applicable legislation, the JDs should focus on the substantive level of experience required for the role and a minimum number of years should NOT be used.
This Job Description is intended to provide a high level guide to the role. However, it is not intended to amend or otherwise restrict/expand the duties required from each individual employee as set out in their respective employment contract and/or as otherwise agreed between an employee and their manager.
Relocation Assistance Provided: Yes