General Electric Lead Embedded SW Quality Test Engineer in Hyderabad, India
This job will entail getting product requirements, planning and executing the tests on communication protocols in embedded FW for Grid Solution products like IED and Bay control units.
The candidate must have good hands-on in testing IEC61850, IEC 60870, MODBUS, DNP3 protocols and also sound knowledge on automation script development.
• Author and review test plans and validation and verification reports based on requirements, specification documents.
• Estimation, planning and execution of tests. Based on requirement, create the Test Setup, IEDs, Power System Simulators such as Omicron, Megger, Doble and accessories.
• Should be flexible to work on manual testing and automation based on business need.
• Execute final test procedures ensuring best quality and meeting timelines.
• Produce verification and Validation Test reports and any relevant testing documentation.
• Should support the continued designing, building, testing and deployment of effective Test Automation Solutions/ Test Automation Framework.
• Work with Protection relays, Data Acquisition systems getting complete understanding on all the aspects.
• Work with Firmware development and testing teams (at multiple locations) on requirements gathering/analysis, preparation of test plan & procedures, root-causing issues.
• Strong product knowledge of Protection & Control Relays and IEC61850 applications.
• Understanding of various blocks of Power System architecture.
• Understanding of inter dependencies and ability to judge stability of firmware architecture.
• Ability to devise tests based on sequence of operation and field scenarios involving hardware, firmware and software/process flow diagram.
• Understanding of field application of the Protection relay products, Field installation, electric utility SCADA equipment and concepts and real time simulation tools and Generate test plans based on the field scenarios.
• Work experience with product development and validation process.
• Knowledge of defect tracking and test management tools and identify and report defects and issues detected during testing,
• Understands H/W, S/W, FW dependencies.
• Work closely with validation lead and developer
• MS/BS (Engineering) in Electrical/Electronics/Computer Science/ Power Systems. People with good academics.
• Minimum 3 to 5+ years of Embedded firmware testing experience for bachelors / masters
• Prior experience with Testing communication protocols in IED: IEC61850, DNP3, MODBUS.
• Hands on experience on tools like Wireshark/AX-S4 MMS/TMW/UniCA analyser etc.
• Automation scripts development experience using programming languages like Perl, python, C# would be PLUS.
• Awareness of PRP, HSR network configuration, time sync protocols like PTP, irig-b
• Basic knowledge in electronic engineering fundamentals, protection relays, Power system operation & protection, substation automation and SCADA, network topologies.
• Hands on experience on Test management tools like Quality Center & Agile project management tools like Version One, Rally and Jira.
• Experience in working with defect tracker tools like Bugzilla.
• Strong Multi-Tasking and proactive and open approach to conflict resolution.
• Good analytical, learning and troubleshooting skills.
• Good written and verbal communication skills.
• Attention to detail and accuracy especially with respect to development and execution of test procedures and recording test results.
• Able to work both as part of a team and independently utilizing sound judgment to make decisions.
• Capacity to listen, understand and synthesize end user requirements in a multi-cultural environment.
• High energy, self-starter, with a proven track record in delivering results.
• Establishes a sense of urgency to complete tasks in an efficient, timely, and effective manner.
• Strong team player, able to foster good working relationships with other functional areas.
• Understanding of customer requirements and identification of gaps.
GE (NYSE:GE) drives the world forward by tackling its biggest challenges. By combining world-class engineering with software and analytics, GE helps the world work more efficiently, reliably, and safely. GE people are global, diverse and dedicated, operating with the highest integrity and passion to fulfill GE’s mission and deliver for our customers. www.ge.com
Locations: India; Hyderabad