General Electric Firmware Technical Leader in Hyderabad, India
Role Summary:The Firmware Technical Leader will be responsible for leading a firmware team, focused on developing and delivering firmware application for Monitoring & Diagnostic hardware
Essential Responsibilities:• Recruit, develop and lead a team of firmware engineers, focused on application firmware development; from requirements to production release, through to post release support.
• Project Management - Ensure preparation and maintenance of detailed delivery plans for new product introductions, primarily using Agile.
• Work with other GA Software leaders to share and implement best practice firmware development, both regionally and cross product line.
• Bridge the gap between remote firmware development and localized testing.
• Technical vision on implementing a state-of-the-art firmware solution.
• Contribute to the hardware and firmware roadmap, to achieve convergence of a complex product portfolio, to a cost optimized platform solution
• Lead the design, code, test and debug of firmware across a range of micro-control architectures, from simple 16 bit standalone, through to complex multi-processor solutions.
• Work collaboratively with the hardware designers to optimize firmware / hardware partitioning.
Qualifications/Requirements:• Bachelor’s Degree in an Engineering or Computer Science discipline or equivalent.
• Preferably 7+ years of experience in firmware development and 2+ years of experience leading a team without direct reports.
• Proven experience managing firmware development projects from concept through to product release, using Agile
• Strong task and delivery focus, with a collaborative style in order to get the most from a technical team
• Demonstrated ability to analyse and resolve problems; both at a technical level and at a people level.
• Strong influencing skills, rather than a dependency on command and control
• Proven working experience in real time, embedded software engineering.
• Demonstrated experience defining and implementing complex software / hardware architectures.
• Solid programming experience in C or C++, familiarity with software configuration management tools, defect tracking tools, and peer review.
• Experience with TI DSP, FPGA’s and ARM architectures.
• Demonstrated ability to get complex projects across the line, to budget and quality targets.
• Ability to work independently and be self-motivated.
• Understanding and practical application of System Design and System Architecture; i.e. hardware / software portioning, hardware abstraction etc.
Desired Characteristics:• Understanding of RTOS concepts, from simple round robin to layered pre-emptive.
• Ability to understand and minimally modify assembler.
• Experience of Embedded Linux implementations and environments.
• Experience of industrial communication protocols (eg. MODBUS, TCP, DNP3, IEC61850, CAN)
• Experience of modern programming languages (for example C#)
• Strong communications skills, with a proven ability to work successfully within a geographically distributed team.
• Ability to demonstrate delivery to time, quality and budget within an Agile programming
• Experience of reading schematics and data sheets to assist in software / hardware debug
About Us:GE (NYSE:GE) drives the world forward by tackling its biggest challenges. By combining world-class engineering with software and analytics, GE helps the world work more efficiently, reliably, and safely. GE people are global, diverse and dedicated, operating with the highest integrity and passion to fulfill GE’s mission and deliver for our customers. www.ge.comAdditional Locations:India;Hyderabad;