General Electric Turbine Technician - 2nd Shift in Houston, Texas
Job Description Summary
The Turbine Technician will perform any or all the operations necessary for the assembly, disassembly, test, prep, or de-prep of LM6000, LM2500 and LMS100 gas turbine engines, modules, components or accessories in accordance with appropriate technical specifications and / or standard work practices.
Position Duties/Responsibilities :
• Perform any or all the operations necessary for the assembly, disassembly, test, prep, or de-prep of LM6000, LM2500 and LMS100 gas turbine engines, modules, components or accessories in accordance with appropriate technical specifications and/or standard work practices
• Perform routing of engine hardware, assemblies, and other material in support of assigned area complying with material handling and storage procedures
• Perform comprehensive inspections of gas turbine engines, components and hardware for serviceability in accordance with technical specifications, routers, manuals or other quality verification criteria
• Report and record discrepancies using service manuals as a reference
• Maintain records and ensure proper documentation of turbine assembly, disassembly, or repairs per the Quality Management System (QMS), neatly, accurately, and legibly
• Troubleshoot in-process problems, malfunctions, or component failures
• Use all types of precision measuring instruments and devices, hand and power tools, shop equipment and machinery as assigned
• Uphold safety requirements and compliance in accordance with current policies
• Maintain a clean and orderly workspace to promote safety and prevent FOD
• Work individually and in teams to support continuous improvement projects
• Work required hours as requested to meet production and customer needs
• Perform other related duties as requested/assigned by Operations leadership
• A&P license or minimum 3 years’ experience working in Aero-Derivative Gas Turbine or Aircraft Engine Services
• High School diploma or equivalent (GED)
• Must be able to read and communicate in the English language
• Must be able to lift 40lbs
• Demonstrate knowledge and skills in the use of various hand tools including but not limited to torque wrenches, transducers, multipliers, dial indicators, micrometers, scales and other precision instrumentation
• Must be able to read & interpret service repair manuals and technical publications to determine work procedures
• Basic computer skills
• Strong verbal, written, analytical and interpersonal skills
Legal authorization to work in the U.S. is required. We will not sponsor individuals for employment visas, now or in the future, for this job opening.
• Prior experience working with different types of engines/packages/Gas turbine product lines
• Experience with LM2500, LM6000, LMS100 or other Aero-derivative Gas Turbine Engines or Packages
• Borescope Inspection experience
• Familiarity with static & dynamic balancing theory and procedures
• Thorough knowledge of FOD/DOD prevention and control
GE offers a great work environment, professional development, challenging careers, and competitive compensation. GE is an Equal Opportunity Employer (https://assets.phenompeople.com/CareerConnectResources/GE11GLOBAL/en_global/desktop/assets/images/poster_screen_reader_optimized_w_supplement.pdf) . Employment decisions are made without regard to race, color, religion, national or ethnic origin, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity or expression, age, disability, protected veteran status or other characteristics protected by law.
GE will only employ those who are legally authorized to work in the United States for this opening. Any offer of employment is conditioned upon the successful completion of a drug screen (as applicable).
Relocation Assistance Provided: No