General Electric Senior Drilling Services Commercial Project Manager in Houston, Texas
The Senior Drilling Services Commercial Project Manager will be responsible to plan, execute, and finalize new build projects according to strict deadlines and within budget. This includes coordinating the efforts of team members in order to deliver projects according to plan. The Project Manager will also define the project’s objectives and oversee quality control throughout its life cycle.
In the role of Senior Drilling Services Commercial Project Manager, you will:
• Lead the engineering, procurement, manufacturing and quality teams to deliver complex drilling systems
• Serve as the primary customer contact for the duration of each project through commissioning
• Resolve specification issues, handle correspondence, provide periodic updates, ensure customer satisfaction, and negotiate / coordinate with staff as appropriate
• Manage project risk issues including receivables, claims, contract changes, margin enhancement, and effective project closeout
• Lead project team through a regular system of contract reviews to identify & manage risks, monitor operational performance against the agreed timescales, and instigates corrective action where appropriate
• Champion of all aspects of service quality & technical delivery of all projects
• Be responsible for all financial aspects of project management including the establishment of systems to regularly review costs, invoicing, and cash collection
• Ensure compliance with all corporate commercial practices and standards
• Be responsible for training & education of all direct employees in the principles of project management
• Manage matrix team of 20-30 employees covering the functions of project resource planning, equipment preparation & mobilization, applications engineering, field operations, data analysis & customer reporting, purchasing, and project accounts
• Lead the project teams to effectively execute projects through the use of project routines in the areas of engineering, procurement, and construction
• Coordinate resolution of issues through the use of change management and ensure timely collection of monies
• Immediately after project completion, facilitate the quantification and documentation of project performance with both the project team and customer
• Bachelor's degree from an accredited university or college.
• Minimum 5 years of Oil & Gas industry experience in Project Management
• Minimum 3 years of experience in a management role
• Travel, 30%, as required
• Project Management experience preferably in the delivery of engineering services within a commercial environment
• Bachelor’s degree in engineering (mechanical or electrical) preferred
• Experience managing large EPC projects for the Oil & Gas sector
• Familiar with modern project management techniques & software systems, including global resource planning systems
• Master’s degree preferred
• Committed to maintaining the highest standards of service quality in all aspects of project delivery
• Demonstrated ability to manage multiple projects simultaneously
• Strong organizational, analytical, and problem solving abilities
• Experience with Primavera project management software
• Familiar with contract terms
• Six Sigma training is preferred (BHGE employees only)
Baker Hughes, a GE company (NYSE:BHGE) is the world’s first and only fullstream provider of integrated oilfield products, services and digital solutions. Drawing on a storied heritage of invention, BHGE harnesses the passion and experience of its people to enhance productivity across the oil and gas value chain.
BHGE helps its customers acquire, transport and refine hydrocarbons more efficiently, productively and safely, with a smaller environmental footprint and at lower cost per barrel. Backed by the digital industrial strength of GE, the company deploys minds, machines and the cloud to break down silos and reduce waste and risk, applying breakthroughs from other industries to advance its own.
With operations in over 120 countries, the company’s global scale, local know-how and commitment to service infuse over a century of experience with the spirit of a startup – inventing smarter ways to bring energy to the world.
Follow Baker Hughes, a GE company on Twitter @BHGECo, or visit us at BHGE.com.
GE offers a great work environment, professional development, challenging careers, and competitive compensation. GE is an Equal Opportunity Employer. Employment decisions are made without regard to race, color, religion, national or ethnic origin, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity or expression, age, disability, protected veteran status or other characteristics protected by law.
GE offers a great work environment, professional development, challenging careers, and competitive compensation. GE is an Equal Opportunity Employer at http://www.ge.com/sites/default/files/15-000845%20EEO%20combined.pdf . Employment decisions are made without regard to race, color, religion, national or ethnic origin, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity or expression, age, disability, protected veteran status or other characteristics protected by law.
Locations: United States; Texas; Houston
GE will only employ those who are legally authorized to work in the United States for this opening.