General Electric Medical Director in Houston, Texas
The Medical Director will provide support for commercial activities, research, marketing, and safety issues for an identified region consistent with legal and regulatory requirements. They will serve as the medical expert for one or more of the company’s key products and will have established their reputation outside of their region through cross functional collaboration. They will be recognized as a key partner to their commercial colleagues and seen as adding medical value to the business.
• Assumes responsibility as clinical leader for one or more Life Sciences products and coordinates Medical Affairs' activities for this product across the functional team. Responsible for development and implementation of the overall medical strategy and associated activities for one or more products or scientific topics. Independently provides medical & scientific support for company activities related to one or more products. The available position will focus on our radiology and cardiology products.
• Approves promotional and other materials in accordance with appropriate regulations, as requested.
• Prepares and delivers of training materials to support internal customer needs as well as continuing training and support of the existing staff on emerging and marketed products and clinical evidence.
• Develops relationships with Key Opinion Leaders and organizations focusing on Cardiology, ultrasound and contrast media.
• Involved in the dissemination of clinical paper summaries and disease area information.
• Participates at scientific meetings.
• Provides valuable, regular contributions to global product medical & life cycle strategies (e.g., medical expert teams).
• Providing medical leadership to the Commercial, Marketing, and R&D organizations. May have team lead responsibilities.
• Ability to travel up to 50% of the time.
• A post-graduate clinical degree and licensed within their respective specialty (e.g. PharmD, MD, PhD) with a minimum of 5 years post graduate experience in clinical, diagnostic or pharmaceutical industries.
• Must live in and be willing to support a specific region in the United States and travel extensively within the region and the US (minimum of 30%), based on needs of the business.
• Must be legally authorized to work in the United States.
• Must be willing to submit to a drug screen and background investigation, including for example, verification of past employment, criminal history, and educational background.
• Experience in cardiology, radiology, or contrast media specialties
• Demonstrated excellent communication and presentation skills to a range of internal and external customers.
• Good commercial acumen and experience in a commercial environment.
• Strategic and confident team player with attention to detail.
• Strong interpersonal skills with innate desire to build lasting relationships across functional groups with individuals and institutions.
• Highly organized, self-motivated with the ability to multi-task and prioritize conflicting projects and demands.
• Prior GE Healthcare experience preferred.
There is no other life sciences company quite like GE Healthcare Life Sciences. A $5 billion business with more than
11,000 individuals in over 100 countries, we are at work enabling a new era in medicine. For more than 60 years, GE
Healthcare Life Sciences has globally supported the development and use of new therapies, helping accelerate the
journey from biological understanding to clinical therapy. GE Healthcare Life Sciences works with cutting edge
technology enabling and advancing the discovery, diagnosis and medical treatments of the present and the future.
We are accelerating biology to cell therapy in ways no other company can.
Follow us on Facebook and Twitter and watch our discoveries in action on our YouTube channel.
Learn More About GE Healthcare – Life at http://www.gelifesciences.com/
Sciences at http://www.gelifesciences.com/
Learn More About Careers at GE Healthcare – Life at http://goo.gl/AEAOb0
Sciences at http://goo.gl/AEAOb0
GE offers a great work environment, professional development, challenging careers, and competitive compensation. GE is an Equal Opportunity Employer at http://www.ge.com/sites/default/files/15-000845%20EEO%20combined.pdf . Employment decisions are made without regard to race, color, religion, national or ethnic origin, gender (including pregnancy), sexual orientation, gender identity or expression, age, disability, veteran status or any other characteristics protected by law.
Locations: United States; Texas; This position will be based in Texas, Southeast, or in the Northeast United States.
GE will only employ those who are legally authorized to work in the United States for this opening.