General Electric Lead Accounting Operations Analyst in Houston, Texas
The Lead Accounting Operations Analyst for Subsea Drilling Systems will support functional objectives across all regions and entities of the product company, including close, compliance and reporting. In this role, you will support complex issues within functional areas of expertise. The role partners with the business to meet both short and long term operational goals.
In addition, you will be responsible for:
• Leading compliance requirements in line with expected controllership dashboard metrics, including closes, account reconciliations, audits and compliance reviews
• Developing and maintaining a strong partnership with entities with distributed controllership presence (COE’s & others) to ensure compliance with local requirements and company policies and procedures
• Ensuring that shared services operating teams meet controllership requirements
• Engaging effectively with HQ and the business to support all HQ processes and initiatives
• Leading the account reconciliation process to ensure compliance with company policy
• Identifying and facilitating process and simplification improvements to ensure on-going performance improvements
• Being the key contact for auditors driving quality results and effective execution of audits
• Actively engaging in all system and ERP related initiatives and support controllership efforts
• Bachelor's degree from an accredited university or college (or a high school diploma / GED with at least 4 years of experience in Finance).
• Minimum of 5 additional years of experience in Finance
• Experience in controllership preferred
• Strong accounting and US GAAP skills
• Strong oral and written communication skills
• Strong interpersonal skills, ability to create and maintain positive relationships
• Ability to adjust to varying priorities in a dynamic environment, work under pressure, and prioritize tasks to meet deadlines
• Experience with long term contract and customer service agreement accounting and controls
• Working towards CPA (or similar qualification)
Baker Hughes, a GE company (NYSE:BHGE) is the world’s first and only fullstream provider of integrated oilfield products, services and digital solutions. Drawing on a storied heritage of invention, BHGE harnesses the passion and experience of its people to enhance productivity across the oil and gas value chain.
BHGE helps its customers acquire, transport and refine hydrocarbons more efficiently, productively and safely, with a smaller environmental footprint and at lower cost per barrel. Backed by the digital industrial strength of GE, the company deploys minds, machines and the cloud to break down silos and reduce waste and risk, applying breakthroughs from other industries to advance its own.
With operations in over 120 countries, the company’s global scale, local know-how and commitment to service infuse over a century of experience with the spirit of a startup – inventing smarter ways to bring energy to the world.
Follow Baker Hughes, a GE company on Twitter @BHGECo, or visit us at BHGE.com.
GE offers a great work environment, professional development, challenging careers, and competitive compensation. GE is an Equal Opportunity Employer at http://www.ge.com/sites/default/files/15- . Employment decisions are made without regard to race, color, religion, national or ethnic origin, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity or expression, age, disability, protected veteran status or other characteristics protected by law.
GE offers a great work environment, professional development, challenging careers, and competitive compensation. GE is an Equal Opportunity Employer at http://www.ge.com/sites/default/files/15-000845%20EEO%20combined.pdf . Employment decisions are made without regard to race, color, religion, national or ethnic origin, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity or expression, age, disability, protected veteran status or other characteristics protected by law.
Locations: United States; Texas; Houston
GE will only employ those who are legally authorized to work in the United States for this opening.