General Electric Commercial Specialist in Hong Kong, Hong Kong
GE is the world's Digital Industrial Company, transforming industry with software-defined machines and solutions that are connected, responsive and predictive. Through our people, leadership development, services, technology and scale, GE delivers better outcomes for global customers by speaking the language of industry.
In region support of ITO R process for a given P&L, closely coordinate with Commercial Manager in providing primary interface with Customer and Field sales on all allocated ITO transactions for Level 3 projects, including: Cost estimates and formal bids, owning the smooth execution those elements of the process used to create commercial content of a bid – from the Bid/No Bid decision (R1 review) to hand-off the Projects Management or appropriate OTR function (R3 review).
• Deep understanding of ITO R process and tools for ensuring appropriate bid compliance and risk mitigation prior to release of a proposal to a customer.
• Accepts ownership of L3 contract bids from Sales (and L2 if no Contracts Manager) via the opportunity pipeline.
• Become principal owner and driver of transaction details related to technical, financial, and commercial inputs to support strategy development and risk management.
• Contributes to individual deal strategies to drive both price and hit rate.
• Compilation of Proposal, supporting documentation, risk reviews, reviews, cycle commitments and obtain necessary approvals through CRBs per established Delegation levels before submitting proposals to customer.
• Support achievement of ITO Team metrics related to orders, margins.
• Review Customer Purchase Orders to Ensure Compliance with Approved Price Levels, Terms and Cycle commitments etc to coordinate R3 Hand off to Project Execution teams.
• Provide PO Acceptance/Acknowledgment to customer with right language and terms.
• Gathers required documentation, distributes for review, sets-up and chairs the Bid/No-Bid R1 review meeting for L3 opportunities.
• Request and coordinates bid-related tasks from the required resources (Commercial Manager, Commercial AE, Contracts Manager, Finance, Legal. Sales, Projects) required to create bid.
• Drives improved OTR turnover process (R3) to ensure proper control of contract.
• Coordinates participant attendance at R2 review meeting and ensures all documentation available.
• Be familiar with impact of all T&Cs clauses such that the requirement for input from a Contracts Manager/Commercial Manager or Legal specialist is identifiable.
• Ensure Contracts Manager/Commercial Manager involvement in all commercial contract documents on key (Nuclear, USG, L2 & L3; >$k “trigger-point” bids.
• Use Risk Review Checklist to seek and obtain approval for deviations and ensure associated price or scope action recommendations are identified to provide clear guidance to approved signatories to the consequences of their approval. Where no deviation exists for a given checkpoint, completes the appropriate checkpoint entry.
• Ensure all documentation is available for R2 review meeting, distributes documentation, chair meeting, record results.
• Able to directly negotiate non-standard T&Cs with customers, and be advised and coached by Commercial Manager and legal counsel.
• Coordinate with Commercial Manager to present high-risk projects to Leadership Team for discussion and approval prior to quotation via the Risk Review Board (RRB) process.
• Act as Power of Attorney agent when authorized for performance bond, insurance and other matters for the bid document.
• Ensure Bid meets all required commercial (export) requirements for the appropriate source and destination countries.
• Grow domain expertise to develop continually improving competence in the bid requirements and application scope of the P&L product lines and markets, working with sales and field sales to ensure that bids technical and price components are well aligned with market practice and customer expectations.
• Work with account manager and commercial manager during R3 phase to ensure consistent formal communication with customers such that bid submission it both timely and in line with customer expectations.
• Validate that received orders and any associated T&Cs meets the scope and T&Cs associated with the offer, and if not reinitiate further negotiation within the R2 phase to renegotiate with customer where there are deviations or obtain appropriate deviation sign-offs.
• Where applicable formally acknowledge customers’ Purchase Orders for key projects to ensure that the contract terms and conditions meet MCS’s risk profile and that the order requirements are clearly defined taking exceptions or adding clarifications where required.
• Bachelor’s degree related to Commercial Management and/or Contract Law from an accredited university or college
• Strong influencer
• Fluency in English and at least one major language for the applicable business region
• Effective use of Personal Computer Technologies
• Creative solution and problem solving skills
• Green Belt certification (GE Employees Only).
• P&L domain experience
• Prior experience in sales, commercial finance, contract negotiation and execution is preferred
• Experience in developing and writing specifications and/or proposals.
• Knowledge of / background in energy related products, services and markets
• Strong oral and written communication skills
• Strong interpersonal and leadership skills
• Integrative team working style
• Knowledge of how transactions affect the business model (both GE and customer)
• Knowledge of legal aspects and implications of contracts, terms and conditions, negotiation, etc to allow constructing contracts with minimizing risk
• Industry knowledge / competitive landscape understanding at a transaction level
• Ability to influence/coordinate and lead cross functional teams
Locations: Hong Kong; Hong Kong