General Electric Field Services Engineer - Turbine Control in Home/Remote/Alternate, Ontario
Job Description Summary
Company legal name: GE Steam Power Canada Inc.
Business address: 1420 Blair Place, Ottawa, ON K1J 9L8
Title of the position: Field Services Engineer - Turbine Control
Location(s) of work: PRIMARY - 1 Holt Rd. S, Bowmanville, ON L1C 3Z8
OTHERS - Darlington Energy Complex (DEC), 1855 Energy Drive, ON L1E 0E7; Ontario Power Generation, Annandale Training Center, 230 Westney Rd S, Ajax, ON L1S 7P9; GE Steam Power Canada, 1420 Blair Place, Ottawa, ON K1J 9L8; Bruce Power, 177 Tie Rd, Tiverton, ON N0G 2T0
The Field Services Engineer is responsible for commissioning, maintenance or troubleshooting of control systems and equipment installed at different customer sites of our installed base. Equipment supported includes, but is not limited to, Turbine Control System, Distributed Control System, instrumentation. The Field Services Engineer also supports upgrades/retrofit projects and is responsible for leading demolition, installation, and commissioning of company products. This role requires knowledge of various related engineering disciplines and their applications. As Field Services Engineer (FSE), he/she will be responsible for the smooth running of those equipment and control systems when leaving the site, in full conformity with quality procedures, deadlines, and existing EHS rules. This position is created specifically to support the retrofit of the control system of 4 units in Darlington Nuclear Generating Station (scheduled for 2019-2023), as well as the long-term maintenance of the equipment newly installed. It will require permanent presence in Bowmanville, Ontario, Canada. The Field Services Engineer may also be assigned to some other local or global tasks to support Automation & Controls engineering and projects.
General functions for commissioning, maintenance or troubleshooting:
• Prepare and organize all aspects of the site mission: analyze specifications, leverage operation experience feedback/lessons learned, and liaise with project manager and methods manager to get the project background.
• Be part of a commissioning team, install and start control and supervision systems (using diagrams, procedures, etc.).
• Troubleshoot control systems and put them back into service.
• Maintain integrity of equipment and systems.
• Be proactive in the improvement of the control system and propose solution (after validation from engineering) to be implemented immediately.
• Conduct or monitor specific tests and controls.
• Provide the required reporting during the mission.
• Provide a service report after the mission, including summary of the mission, test certificates, issues encountered and resolution.
• Clear customer’s punch list as required.
• If required, perform training of operators locally.
• Ensure a high level of customer satisfaction is continuously maintained.
• Maintain excellent relations with customers, peers, management and overseas offices.
• Apply GE quality rules.
• Ensure conformity with quality procedures and enrich experience feedback.
• Ensure conformity with legal rules, ethics and EHS.
• Ensure own safety and co-workers’ safety.
• Continuously improve personal technical, commercial, and organizational knowledge and skills while mentoring lesser experienced engineers.
• Research technical offerings of major competitors to help bridge product gaps.
• Occasionally, attend technical conferences, training seminars, etc.
• Travel locally and internationally as required by the mission.
Additional functions for upgrades/retrofit projects (typical for Darlington project):
• Test and lead site commissioning of hardware and software control solutions.
• Provide leadership & guidance as lead technical advisor to site craft labor during demolition and installation of control hardware.
• Generate and present demolition, installation, and commissioning list of activities during customer kick-off meetings.
• Provide estimate of demolition, install and commissioning hours to Sales/Proposals teams.
• Participate in customer witness tests.
• Assist site assessments, walk-downs to understand customer requirements and to help propose solutions.
• Review RFQs and technical specifications while providing clarifications for proposals.
• Promote GE and/or Alstom products in front of customers during site assignments, presentations and other events, as needed.
Terms of employment: full-time, 40 hrs/week; permanent position
Language of work: English
Wage: 115,000 CAD – 125,000 CAD
Benefits package offered:
Vacations and Paid Holidays:
Vacation entitlement will be 3 weeks per year
13 paid holidays / year (statutory & floaters)
Health and Dental Benefits
Retirement and Savings Options
Stock Purchase Plan
Other Benefits, such as Employee Assistance Program, GE Appliance Purchase Program, Employee Referral Program
Skills Requirements (required):
Bachelor’s Degree in Automation or Industrial Engineering (or other similar technical area) from an accredited college or university.
Minimum of 5 years design and/or commissioning experience in turbine control system or DCS for power plants or comparable machine controls experience in another industry.
7 years of experience in Automation and Controls, electro-technical or industrial engineering skills.
Knowledge and use of computer software, including MS Word, Excel, PowerPoint and MS Project.
Ability to travel domestically and internationally, on limited basis.
Skills Requirements (preferred):
Experience with nuclear power plant requirements.
Experience with turbine control system, DCS and instrumentation, in any kind of power plant (coal fired or industrial steam turbines, nuclear power plants, gas turbines in simple or combined cycle, hydro power plants, etc.)
Practical knowledge of Alspa ControSteam control system (used in Darlington), other Legacy Alstom products as a plus (Alspa P320, P400, Blueline, Microrec, STG820, etc.)
Practical knowledge of GE products as a plus (Mark V, Mark VI, Mark Vie, etc.)
Ability to adapt to changing technology.
Attention to detail and time management skills to ensure deadlines are met.
Clear thinker, detail oriented, insightful, quantitative, results oriented analyst and engineer – Able to make reasoned, sound, and timely decisions.
Excellent technical writing in general with focus on requirements and design document.
Strong verbal communication skills and customer focused mindset.
Strong facilitation and presentation skills for technical and business audiences.
Able and willing to take ownership and responsibility for assigned tasks.
Self-starter with energy, positive “Can-Do” attitude – Proven track record of producing quality deliverables on specification, to project budget, at product cost, and on schedule.
Team player with cross-discipline, and functional leadership knowledge, skills, and experience.
Able to work successfully in matrix environment, executing multiple assignments and priorities.
Continuous improvement “mindset” with an ability to identify, influence, and implement better ways to do an activity or process.
contact information : Melanie DeCoteau, Melanie.DeCoteau@ge.com. Please note that only qualified candidates that meet the skills required will be contacted.
Relocation Assistance Provided: Yes