General Electric Project Manager (m/f/d) in Home/Remote/Alternate, United Kingdom
Job Description Summary
The Project Manager owns the project management and implementation for HCD solutions in Europe, including sales order review; project planning, technical design/layout, contractor interface, submission of documentation; resource coordination, installation execution and potential issues resolution. In this role you will utilise your experience or expertise to solve problems, develop and execute objectives for self and others, and have the ability to effect short-term and some long-term business go.
GE Healthcare is a leading global medical technology and digital solutions innovator. Our mission is to improve lives in the moments that matter. Unlock your ambition, turn ideas into world-changing realities, and join an organization where every voice makes a difference, and every difference builds a healthier world.
• Plan and implement projects at various customer work sites in UKI and the rest of Europe when required, including the activities of staff and subcontractors
• Primary customer contact for the duration of each project. May commission, resolve specification issues, handle correspondence, provide periodic updates, ensure customer satisfaction, and negotiate/coordinate with staff as appropriate
• Translate customer needs / requirements into detailed project plans while driving internal execution to meet project targets
• Manage a network of resources (including contractors) in support of project execution
• Take part in the writing of reports that describe the results of a project
• Participate in the development of proposals for projects
• Manage the project budget and timeline and ensure the resources are available to complete the project within budget and on time in order to meet customer obligations
• Ensure that delivered products and services achieve highest quality and performance levels
• Negotiate change orders with the customers
• Professionally represent GE during all customer communications
• Lead a varied staff that will include employees, customers, partner companies, or subcontractors
• Previous experience in the software industry, preferably software services
• Understanding of GE Healthcare Digital software products
• Ability to work independently and prioritise multiple priorities to meet scheduled completion dates and customer expectations
• Demonstrated project management skills including project initiation, scoping, resourcing, scheduling, budgeting, risk management and communication
• Demonstrated customer service experience working in a clinical environment
• Fluent in English and any other European language is a plus
• Can instruct others on processes and procedures. Advises the customer on most favourable outcome, anticipates potential issues to proactively circumvent issues. Adapts to exceptions and develops new procedures and workarounds for others to use. Resolves issues pertaining to scope, schedule and budget, or drive change management. Defines quality requirements.
• Modifies processes to simplify.
• Utilises business acumen and domain experience to advise the customer on critical success factors for the initiative at hand; continuously influences the customer to think ahead on what is needed to acquire, deploy, and utilize the solution. Engages and influences other business functions to deliver to customer success factors. Demonstrates empathy and drives actions based on customer situations and needs.
• Anticipates potential risks and obstacles and resolves proactively in order to ensure smooth project delivery. Maintains high levels of customer satisfaction across all projects. Addresses customer concerns quickly and effectively; at times, anticipates customer concerns before they become issues.
• Proactively identifies and removes project obstacles or barriers on behalf of the team. Navigates accountability in a matrixed-organization. Communicates and demonstrates a shared sense of purpose.
• Establishes & communicates project team members' roles in relation to their function and data. Shares knowledge, power and credit, establishing trust, credibility, and goodwill. Coordinates role responsibilities with that of others to achieve mutual goals. Encourages groups to work together to efficiently resolve problems. Works with others to achieve goals without regard to band/title.
• Persists on completion of endeavours, especially in the face of overwhelming odds and setbacks. Pushes self for individual results and others through team spirit.
GE Healthcare is an Equal Opportunity Employer where inclusion matters. Employment decisions are made without regard to race, color, religion, national or ethnic origin, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity or expression, age, disability, protected veteran status or other characteristics protected by law.
Our total rewards are designed to unlock your ambition by giving you the boost and flexibility you need to turn your ideas into world-changing realities. Our salary and benefits are everything you’d expect from an organization with global strength and scale, and you’ll be surrounded by career opportunities in a culture that fosters care, collaboration and support.
Relocation Assistance Provided: No