General Electric Field Service Engineer - CT/MR (South) in Home/Remote/Alternate, United Kingdom
Job Description Summary
The MVS (multi vendor services) modality forms a key strategic direction of the business with the successful candidate gaining visibility and driving direction of the modality and ultimately supporting growth. This person is responsible for providing expert field support services for products for both customers and GEHC Field Engineers. Provide first response and remote solutions to customers experiencing technical systems difficulties and also support customer and FEs remotely where required.
• Divide time between field service activity (with CT/MR bias) and support function
• Helping achieve “live in 5” response time for all customer calls.
• Contributing knowledge and maintaining problem solution database (PSDB),
• Championing Productivity Programs (VOLC, Remote, FRFT, etc.),
• Acting as change agent and field "expert" for these programs, monitoring NPI and M3 Product Performance. This includes data gathering and linking with the Modality Engineering groups to drive product quality and serviceability,
• Identifying Field Process Improvements, for example, pre PM work - improve on PM cycle time, remote TTR work, field Based Technical training to support use of Remote Diagnostic troubleshooting tools and processes in the field, identify field quality improvements to include; PQR's and PSR's, support Installation and customer escalations (CSOs) at customer sites
Quality Specific Goals
• Aware of and comply with the GEHC Quality Manual, Quality Management System, Quality Management Policy, Quality Goals, and applicable laws and regulations as they apply to this job type/position.
• Complete all planned Quality & Compliance training within the defined deadlines. Identify and report any and all customer quality or compliance concerns immediately to the Quality Organization.
• Identify and report any personal quality or compliance concerns immediately to the Quality Organization.
• Insure timely dispatch closure.
• Insure completion of all field modifications instructions (FMI’s) within prescribed timeframe.
• Participate in continuous improvement activities by identifying and appropriately escalating process and product quality gaps, providing solutions when possible.
Qualifications and Experience
• Minimum modality specific OEM trained experience with the repair and maintenance of systems
• Demonstrated ability to handle/resolve difficult technical issues and expert level knowledge in applicable systems.
• Strong customer-service skills
• Highly motivated team-player
• Prior project or technical leadership experience
• Demonstrated ability to train/mentor peers
• Ability to stay calm in pressurized situations and coach people through solving problems
• Ability to drive improvements in efficiency
• Knowledge/experience with the healthcare industry
• Proficient in Microsoft Office Suite, Excellent computer skills, Networking ability
• A good level of English and an EU Work Permit
Inclusion and Diversity
GE Healthcare is an Equal Opportunity Employer where inclusion matters. Employment decisions are made without regard to race, colour, religion, national or ethnic origin, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity or expression, age, disability, protected veteran status or other characteristics protected by law.
Our total rewards are designed to unlock your ambition by giving you the boost and flexibility you need to turn your ideas into world-changing realities. Our salary and benefits are everything you’d expect from an organization with global strength and scale, and you’ll be surrounded by career opportunities in a culture that fosters care, collaboration and support.
Relocation Assistance Provided: No
Relocation Assistance Provided: No