General Electric PRODUCT SPECIALIST – PRIMARY CARE, ULTRASOUND, JAPAN in Hino, Japan
Job Description Summary
Responsible for everything about the product.
Achieve sales targets for the products you are responsible for, formulate and execute marketing strategies and plans for that purpose, and conduct market analysis on the products you are responsible.
Formulate a new product introduction strategy and lead a new product introduction project.
Collaborate with global team and regional sales teams with the aim of realizing product improvement and new product development according to the market conditions and customer needs of Japan.
Role summary & Purpose:
The Product Specialist, PC(Primary Care) is primarily responsible for PC(Primary Care) product marketing, creating innovative product strategy, implementing steady sales tactics in region sales team/channels/distributers through training programs and regular touch points, and managing the activities of channels/distributors with region managers. At the same time, he or she is responsible for GP(General Practitioner) market distribution for all ultrasound product segments. The objective is to achieve targeted sales and profit objectives from a defined business territory/key customer group, in accordance with the Country/Regional/Segment Business Plan. This position reports to Segment Leader PC directly.
• Develop and implement a business/sales plan for channels/distributors and region sales teams aimed at achieving and exceeding sales turnover and financial return, within the most cost-effective route and time-frame
• Actively manage the relationship with the channels/distributors collaborating with region sales teams to ensure alignment with company objectives
• Lead New Product Introduction (NPI) to achieve business goals and timely manner with using lifecycle product point of view
• Plan and execute sophisticated marketing programs to maximize lifecycle product value
• Create appropriate marketing materials of PC products, and activate them to the channels/distributors and customers through provide trainings and regular touch point
• Improve/execute channel strategy and distribution strategy in GP market with region managers
• Accurately forecast sales and growth opportunities for assigned products with region sales teams/channels/distributors, enhancing operation mechanism
• Maintain a high level of technical and commercial competence on PC products, techniques and applications
• Maintain an awareness of competitor activities and developments and ensure that this information is collected and made available to the Region Manager.
• Prepare and participate in business reviews/forecasts for Japan and global meetings
• Deploy resources to meet financial/operating objectives including orders, revenue, contribution margin, and base cost control
Quality Specific Goals
Aware of and comply with the GEHC Quality Manual, Quality Management System, Quality Management Policy, Quality Goals, and applicable laws and regulations as they apply to this job type/position
Complete all planned Quality & Compliance training within the defined deadlines
Identify and report any quality or compliance concerns and take immediate corrective action as required
Maintain knowledge of and understand all applicable Global Privacy and Anti-Competition Policies and operate within them to ensure that no company policy or Local/ Int’l Law is broken.
Maintain knowledge of and understand all applicable Environmental Health Policies (including but not limited to GE Healthcare EHS Policies, GE Healthcare Fleet Rules, etc.) and operate within them to ensure that no company policy or local / Int’l Law is broken.
Drive continuous improvement on all related processes, work instructions, and procedures to ensure ongoing standardization and simplification of the Quality Management System
Minimum 5 years of consultative sales experience including strategic selling and negotiation, or product marketing or related commercial/business development field
Strong communication skills to effectively communicate to external customers, global counterparts and to team members in other functional organizations
Self-motivated, willingness to take the initiative to identify opportunities for improvement and take actions to constantly update on new clinical applications and technologies
Have a spirit of challenge and willingness to deliver results in uncertain world
Excellent organizational and facilitation skill
Team oriented with a customer satisfaction mindset
Excellent verbal and written communication skills both in Japanese and English
Willingness and ability to travel extensively within the specified geographic region
MBA or other relevant qualifications
Experience of Digital Promotion
Experience of Ultrasound industry
Experience managing large projects as a Project Manager
Relocation Assistance Provided: No