General Electric Engineering Technical Leader, Electric Drives Control in Harrisburg, Pennsylvania
Lead, integrate and develop designs & processes that meet business needs across the organization, manage complex issues within functional area(s) of expertise, be involved in long-term planning, with respect to technology process, materials & advancements. This senior level engineering role will focus on IGBT/MOSFET semiconductor behavior, control, validation and interfacing on locomotive and off-highway mining vehicle applications with extensive lab test environmental studies.
• Provide technical leadership for assigned program projects and initiatives
• Provide technical support, coordination & recommendations to Section & Executive management, & lead business case discussions for power electronics including IGBT/Mosfet control & packaging, bus bars, capacitors, rectifiers, transformers and other high-power devices.
• Assure technical quality excellence, timely completion of work and quality reviews, and responsiveness to customer / program needs
• Lead communication on technical and business issues between organizations and within work groups; pragmatic and hands-on execution/resolution of issues.
• Assist with definition of roles and responsibilities for Section and COE resources, in addition to growth of key talent.
• Provide Section leadership on Design Tools and programs….accessibility, training and quality of output.
• Promote professional growth at all levels of teams through feedback, coaching, and mentoring, where appropriate.
• Ensure company compliance initiatives and training requirements are implemented within work group
• Lead the performance of basic electrical & thermal analysis of power electronic designs (inverters, choppers, rectifiers, etc.) and issues to successful closure
• Bachelors of Science Degree in Electrical Engineering or Physics
• 5-15 years of experience in Technical Program, Engineering Product Development and Senior Design roles.
• MSEE or PH.D in Electrical Engineering or Physics with minimum 5 years of Product Development Experience
• Excellent cross-functional team building and project/program management ability
• Deep working knowledge of power electronics and semiconductor behavior/control in components and assemblies.
• Prior demonstrated technical expertise in transportation or power industries.
• Strong working knowledge of electronic lab environments and test equipment
• Ability and willingness to work "hands-on" in test labs and on locomotives or off-highway trucks with high HP (1000 KVA), medium voltage (2 KV) and high current (10 KA) systems.
• Embedded control & systems experience
• Strong interpersonal and leadership skills
• Strong oral, written and presentation communication skills
• Proficiency in test automation development in power lab environments
GE is the world's Digital Industrial Company, transforming industry with software-defined machines and solutions that are connected, responsive and predictive. Through our people, leadership development, services, technology and scale, GE delivers better outcomes for global customers by speaking the language of industry.
GE offers a great work environment, professional development, challenging careers, and competitive compensation. GE is an Equal Opportunity Employer at http://www.ge.com/sites/default/files/15-000845%20EEO%20combined.pdf . Employment decisions are made without regard to race, color, religion, national or ethnic origin, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity or expression, age, disability, protected veteran status or other characteristics protected by law.
Locations: United States; Pennsylvania; Erie, Grove City, Western PA
GE will only employ those who are legally authorized to work in the United States for this opening.