General Electric System Engineer in Haifa, Israel
Role Summary:The Systems Engineer has design responsibility to deliver customer workflow, feature functionality, product quality, reliability, serviceability, manufacturability, regulatory, compliance, and cost.
Essential Responsibilities:Activities include system conception, system analysis, requirements development, traceability and flow down, architecture / system design, FMEA, system integration, system optimization, developing/executing System Verification and Validation test procedures, and providing support to manufacturing and field issues.
Duties include (but are not limited to):
• Providing domain expertise to serve as the main integrator between the all involved disciplines and functions to deliver the best quality product.
• Working across functions and team boundaries to define, design, and implement the next generation of products, features and functionalities.
• Working with customers, Marketing and field personnel to refine requirements which can be further developed by the engineering teams.
• Developing methods to quantify subsystem interactions and their effects on image quality
• Delivering and incorporating feedback results into new hardware, software and service specifications.
• Decision making in cross-disciplinary and architectural aspects.
• Use expertise to help resolve urgent issues with current Nuclear Medicine products.
• Assist Program Manager in execution of projects within time and schedule.
Qualifications/Requirements:• BSc in Mechanical/ Electrical/ Biomedical Engineering, or Physics.
• MSc in engineering – advantage.
• Experience in medical systems – advantage.
• 4 years of relevant work experience in projects involving design and development of complex systems, as a system engineer.
• Independent by nature, Self-learner, Excellent communication skills
• Proven ability to develop timely and effective solutions for challenging design problems.
• Proficient in use of software tools for analysis and simulation (MATLAB, etc.)
• Demonstrated ability to pursue tasks to completion.
• Broad exposure to Mechanical/ Control/ HW/SW/Systems design, and technical depth in one or more engineering disciplines (Electrical, Mechanical, Software, Control, Physics, etc.)
About Us:GE (NYSE:GE) drives the world forward by tackling its biggest challenges. By combining world-class engineering with software and analytics, GE helps the world work more efficiently, reliably, and safely. GE people are global, diverse and dedicated, operating with the highest integrity and passion to fulfill GE’s mission and deliver for our customers. www.ge.com
GE Healthcare is a leading global medical technology and digital solutions innovator, GE Healthcare enables clinicians to make faster, more informed decisions through intelligent devices, data analytics, applications and services, supported by its Edison intelligence platform. With over 100 years of healthcare industry experience and around 50,000 employees globally, the company operates at the center of an ecosystem working toward precision health, digitizing healthcare, helping drive productivity and improve outcomes for patients, providers, health systems and researchers around the world. Follow us on Facebook, LinkedIn, Twitter and Insights , or visit our website www.gehealthcare.com for more information.Additional Locations:Israel;Haifa;