General Electric SW Engineer in Haifa, Israel
Job Description Summary
GE Healthcare is looking for Software Engineer who will be responsible for designing, building, delivering and maintaining software applications & services.
GE Healthcare is a leading global medical technology and digital solutions innovator. Our mission is to improve lives in the moments that matter. Unlock your ambition, turn ideas into world-changing realities, and join an organization where every voice makes a difference, and every difference builds a healthier world.
Roles and Responsibilities
In this role, you will:
• Be responsible for defining, developing, and evolving software in a fast paced and agile development environment using the latest software development technologies and infrastructure
• Apply principles of SDLC and methodologies like Lean/Agile/XP, CI, Software and Product Security, Scalability, Documentation Practices, refactoring and Testing Techniques
• Write code that meets standards and delivers desired functionality using the technology selected for the project
• Understand performance parameters and assess application performance
• Work on core data structures and algorithms and implement them using technology chosen
• Proactively share information across the team, to the right audience with the appropriate level of detail and timeliness
Desired Characteristics/Technical Expertise
• Bachelor's Degree in Computer Science or Engineering with minimum 2 years of experience
• Experience with Unix/Linux based programming - advantage
• Proven hands-on experience in C++/Java programming, OOP/OOD
• Experience working on software projects in the Imaging Healthcare domain - advantage
• Strong oral and written communication skills
• Strong interpersonal skills
• Problem solving abilities
• Persists to completion, pushes self for results
Inclusion and Diversity
GE Healthcare is an Equal Opportunity Employer where inclusion matters. Employment decisions are made without regard to race, color, religion, national or ethnic origin, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity or expression, age, disability, protected veteran status or other characteristics protected by law.
We expect all employees to live and breathe our behaviors: to act with humility and build trust; lead with transparency; deliver with focus, and drive ownership – always with unyielding integrity.
Our total rewards are designed to unlock your ambition by giving you the boost and flexibility you need to turn your ideas into world-changing realities. Our salary and benefits are everything you’d expect from an organization with global strength and scale, and you’ll be surrounded by career opportunities in a culture that fosters care, collaboration and support.
The job is open to men and women equally
Relocation Assistance Provided: No