General Electric Software Architect in Haifa, Israel
The SW Architect is a technical hands-on with strong development background. The SW Architect is a key technical leadership role within a software engineering discipline. SW architects provide expert guidance and support to the development organization in various technical/functional aspects of research, development and engineering. SW architect usually works on multiple projects as a project leader or internal consultant.
In this role, you will:
• Be responsible for providing technical leadership and defining, developing, and evolving software for new products.
• Provide guidance to developers with planning and execution and/or design architecture.
• Expert level skills in design, architecture and development, with an ability to take a deep dive in the implementation aspects if the situation demands.
• Drive increased efficiency across the teams, eliminating duplication, leveraging product and technology reuse
• Bachelor’s degree, or higher, in in computer sciences/software engineering.
• 10+ years experience in software development, part of it in technical leadership roles (architect, tech lead).
• Excellent proven software architecture and design skills for complex systems.
• Experience in Java and C++.
• Experience with Service Oriented Architecture (SOA).
• Demonstrated experience on product releases throughout the entire development cycle (preferably multidisciplinary system).
• Strong interpersonal and leadership skills.
• Ability to creatively solve complex problems.
• Strong oral and written communication skills to work effectively with team members
• Experience in developing software in Medical Devices industry
• Experience in working with agile methodologies
• Understands technical and business discussions relative to future architecture direction aligning with business goals.
• Understands concepts of setting and driving architecture direction.
• Familiar with elements of gathering architecture requirements.
• Understands architecture standards concepts to apply to project work.
• Understand key cross-functional concepts that impact the organization; is aware of business priorities and organizational dynamics.
• Coaches and mentors team members.
• Familiar with concepts of costing hardware and software components. Works to assure work is on-time and within budget.
• Delivers tasks on-time with alignment to architectural goals. Can identify and raise issues, risks and benefits.
• Participates in change initiatives by implementing new directions and providing appropriate information and feedback.
• Applies values, policies, procedures and precedent to make timely, routine decisions of limited, clear choice.
Reacts open-mindedly to new perspectives or ideas. Considers different or unusual solutions when appropriate.
• Resolves day-to-day issues related to strategy implementation. Escalates issues that impact the client and/or strategic initiatives.
GE is the world's Digital Industrial Company, transforming industry with software-defined machines and solutions that are connected, responsive and predictive. Through our people, leadership development, services, technology and scale, GE delivers better outcomes for global customers by speaking the language of industry.
Locations: Israel; Haifa