General Electric Site Medical Doctor in Hai Phong, Vietnam
Role Summary:The Site Medical Doctor provides overall leadership for all Medical/Health Services and Occupational Health for GE Renewable Haiphong site.
Essential Responsibilities:The Site Medical Doctor provides overall leadership for all Medical/Health Services and Occupational Health for GE Renewable Haiphong site. She/he coordinates with the GE regional Medical Director on a periodic basis. In addition, the physician coordinates with the local EHS and function in all areas of compliance including OH/MSE, emergency response and coordinates with the HR function for all health, wellness and medical productivity issues. provide consultation on all medical issues is provided to all levels of local management including the education of employees; supervise other medical staff (nurse) and medical resources.
• Develop overall strategy for the medical/Health function in GE Haiphong site, consistent with overall company goals, and in collaboration with the GE Renewable Energy regional Medical Director, EHS & HR functions.
• Continuously drive improvement in the execution of all aspects of GE Haiphong site Medical services, including on-site medical surveillance, clinical services, emergency response planning and all wellness programs.
• Ensure GE Haiphong site compliance to the occupational health related local regulations and GE policies, track and ensure that the medical surveillance program for hazard exposed employees (radiation, noise, dust, metal, chemicals, etc.).
• Collaborate with the EHS team (Environment, Industrial Hygiene and Safety) to develop medical compliance guidelines and to investigate any toxic exposures or ergonomic issues as needed at site or field locations.
• Maintain and secure medical records of care and services.
• Take active part in the medical emergency response plan (ERP). Optimize the sites Medical ERP and lead first aid team, plan medical drills, check first aid stations and train the first aid responders.
• Partner with human resource programs to continuously improve the health and productivity of 1000 employees, focusing on on-site treatment of occupational injuries and clinical leadership of return-to-work programs.
• Manage disability and return to work assessments with HR together. Provide medical assessment to employee before they return to work from a sick leave or injury and liaise with his manager / HR for return to work approval.
• Develop and deliver international travel preparation services including immunizations, briefings and emergency assistance planning.
• Keep a good relationship with local relevant Government agency, hospitals and maintain valid guarantee of payment agreement with local hospitals.
• Supervise other on-site medical professions such as nurses, MDs, etc. to optimize quality and effectiveness of medical services.
Qualifications/Requirements:• At least can read English, fluency in English language is the advantage
• Doctor of Medicine or Occupational Health degree with a medical license in good standing.
• Demonstrated leadership in complex, matrixed, goal-driven medical organizations, and specific record of accomplishment of working effectively with physicians and nurses.
• Strong process orientation and analytic skills.
• Demonstrate strong interpersonal and communications skills.…able to drive initiatives through one-on-one interactions with peers as well as through presentations to senior management.
• Track record of executing stretch goals.
• Demonstrated execution of quality improvement projects, with quantitative and sustained results.
Desired Characteristics:• Demonstrated experience in medical leadership function
• Board Certified in Occupational Medicine or equivalent experience
• International medicine experience
• Meaningful experience and comfort with digitization and e-health initiatives
• Clinical background, with continued clinical activity
About Us:GE (NYSE:GE) drives the world forward by tackling its biggest challenges. By combining world-class engineering with software and analytics, GE helps the world work more efficiently, reliably, and safely. GE people are global, diverse and dedicated, operating with the highest integrity and passion to fulfill GE’s mission and deliver for our customers. www.ge.comAdditional Locations:Viet Nam;Hai Phong;