General Electric Sr Staff Software Engineer in Greenville, South Carolina
Job Description Summary
Be part of a unique team that merges software development technologies and modern analytics with turbomachinery engineering to impact products across GE Power. This is an opportunity to accelerate the global energy transformation while learning from experts in different fields to create engineering software.
Roles and Responsibilities
In this role, you will:
• Develop engineering software for a broad user base for in any one of the following gas turbine design areas: mechanical, heat transfer, aero, CFD, geometry creation
• Collaborate with design teams to understand needs and deliver solutions that enhance productivity
• Participate actively in design and code reviews, including verification and validation process
• Provide timely communications on significant issues or developments
• Ensure proper documentation of technical data/methodologies, and report results to leadership
• Train designer engineers on proper tool usage and execution
• Support design teams across GE Power; spanning multiple countries including US, Poland, India, and Mexico
• Bachelor's Degree in Computer Science or “STEM” Majors (Science, Technology, Engineering and Math) with minimum 8 years of experience
• This role requires use of technical data subject to U.S. Government export restrictions and this posting is only for U.S. Persons (U.S. Citizens, lawful permanent residents and protected individuals (e.g., certain refugees and asylees)). GE will require proof of status prior to employment
• Strong engineering software programming skills (in at least one of the following: C/C++/C#, Qt, NX Open, Fortran)
• Demonstrated Lean and/or Agile project experience
• Skilled in using and customizing engineering software applications
• Strong skills in developing, coding, and deploying design tools
• Experience with turbomachinery, heat transfer, mechanical, or aero design tools
• Demonstrated understanding of gas turbine components and design processes
• Strong background in one or more of the following areas of expertise: finite element analysis, mechanical lifing methods, heat transfer, computational fluid dynamics, NX-CAD modeling
• Strong cross-functional, teaming, communication, and presentation skills
• Proven track record in collaborating with teams and customers to understand and solve engineering problems
This role is restricted to U.S. persons (i.e., U.S. citizens, permanent residents, and other protected individuals under the Immigration and Naturalization Act, 8 U.S.C. 1324b(a)(3)) due to access to export-controlled technology. GE will require proof of status prior to employment.
GE offers a great work environment, professional development, challenging careers, and competitive compensation. GE is an Equal Opportunity Employer (https://assets.phenompeople.com/CareerConnectResources/GE11GLOBAL/en_global/desktop/assets/images/poster_screen_reader_optimized_w_supplement.pdf) . Employment decisions are made without regard to race, color, religion, national or ethnic origin, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity or expression, age, disability, protected veteran status or other characteristics protected by law.
GE will only employ those who are legally authorized to work in the United States for this opening. Any offer of employment is conditioned upon the successful completion of a drug screen (as applicable).
Relocation Assistance Provided: Yes