General Electric Sr HR Manager NAM Inclusion, Diversity, and Client Support in Greenville, South Carolina
Role Summary:This is a combined role that will offer full scope of HR guidance and support for US-based Renewable Energy Digital Technology, Global Supply Chain and Legal as well as OMLP and DTLP programs (250 employees). In addition, the role will serve as the RE NAM Inclusion & Diversity Leader and will help create and implement comprehensive Diversity and Inclusion strategies across the Region to attract, retain, develop and engage , and drive a culture of inclusion and diversity.
Essential Responsibilities:As the Senior Employee Resource Manager, you will:
• Provide leadership and expertise for a broad range of HR activities including employee relations, benefits, compensation, training, organizational change, development, and communications
• Serve as a credible coach to individual contributors, people leaders, and senior leaders on various topics including career development, change management, and employee relations
• Lead employee culture & engagement teams, facilitate brainstorming, prioritize actions, and influence leaders
• Consult with client leaders to define roles, responsibilities, and ensure team effectiveness
• Drive talent acquisition activities and partner with leaders to attract and hire top talent. Ensure robust plans to attract diverse talent
• Act as an impartial advocate to ensure fair and equitable treatment and inclusion
• Develop communications strategy, plans, and drive execution for specific items such as Performance Development process, culture & engagement activities, etc.
• Develop appropriate HR plans in support of key business priorities and implement appropriate change management plans as required
• Lead projects across the Renewable Energy North American HR team as appropriate
As the NAM Inclusion and Diversity Leader, you will:
• Create a comprehensive Inclusion & Diversity strategy for RE NAM, then develop and launch programs, processes and metrics to drive and measure success, in partnership with RE HQ I&D Leader, as well as HRBPs, Business Leaders, and other HR functions
• Develop strong relationships with recruiting, EID (Early Identification) and leadership program teams, providing leadership and ownership for diverse candidate sourcing related to direct hire and pipeline positions.
• Benchmark internally and externally, expand best practices across RE NAM and pilot creative approaches for talent sourcing and development.
• Serve as the key RE NAM Human Resources (HR) contact for Affinity Networks and Employee Resource Groups (APAF, AAF, GEWN, HF, VN, GLBTA, PDN, etc.) and refine strategy for engaging Senior Leadership involvement and ownership.
• Champion diversity and inclusion throughout RE NAM; proactively foster an environment that welcomes individual and cultural differences.
• Drive current and new approaches to RE NAM talent development such as diverse best bet workshops.
• Lead associated Compliance initiatives, including oversight of AAP / EE0-1 reporting and OFCCP compliance.
Qualifications/Requirements:• Bachelor’s degree (or equivalent) from an accredited university or college
• Minimum of 5 years of professional work experience in HR or 3+ years prior professional experience in HR and master’s degree.
Desired Characteristics:• Knowledge of AAP / EE0-1 reporting and OFCCP compliance.
• Master’s Degree in Human Resources, Business Administration, or related field from an accredited college or university Prior staffing, recruitment and workforce planning experience
• Courage to push back on status quo and challenge historical paradigms and make bold suggestions to drive a diversity agenda
• Strong ability to influence and gain stakeholder support
• Proven ability to lead and drive large-scale projects and processes
• Significant experience leading in a complex matrix environment with proven stakeholder management at a senior level
• Strong collaboration and communication skills with the ability to create effective and successful working relationships across all levels of the organization
• Sensitivity and skill in driving change across multiple cultures and functions
• Cultural awareness and sensitivity with the ability to flex style according to differing cultural norms
• Strategic thinker with the proven ability to anticipate and resolve complicated issues
• Strong written & verbal communication skills
• Strong understanding of HR policies/practices, government regulations, and relevant functional expertise
• HRLP Graduate or equivalent leadership / development program experience
• Demonstrated experience in making strategic HR decisions, assessing talent, and effectively interfacing with individuals at multiple levels of the organization
• Passionate, employee advocate with proven ability to exercise sound judgment on complex issues
• Detailed-oriented with excellent organizational and documentation skills
About Us:GE (NYSE:GE) drives the world forward by tackling its biggest challenges. By combining world-class engineering with software and analytics, GE helps the world work more efficiently, reliably, and safely. GE people are global, diverse and dedicated, operating with the highest integrity and passion to fulfill GE’s mission and deliver for our customers. www.ge.com
GE offers a great work environment, professional development, challenging careers, and competitive compensation. GE is an Equal Opportunity Employer. Employment decisions are made without regard to race, color, religion, national or ethnic origin, gender (including pregnancy), sexual orientation, gender identity or expression, age, disability, veteran status or any other characteristics protected by law.
Additional Eligibility Qualifications:GE will only employ those who are legally authorized to work in the United States for this opening. Any offer of employment is conditioned upon the successful completion of a drug screen (as applicable).Additional Locations:United States;Alabama, Alaska, Arizona, Arkansas, California, Colorado, Connecticut, Delaware, District of Columbia, Florida, Georgia, Hawaii, Idaho, Illinois, Indiana, Iowa, Kansas, Kentucky, Louisiana, Maine, Maryland, Massachusetts, Michigan, Minnesota, Mississippi, Missouri, Montana, Nebraska, Nevada, New Hampshire, New Jersey, New Mexico, New York, North Carolina, North Dakota, Ohio, Oklahoma, Oregon, Pennsylvania, Rhode Island, South Carolina, South Dakota, Tennessee, Texas, Utah, Vermont, Virginia, Washington, West Virginia, Wisconsin, Wyoming;Other;