General Electric GE Power Welding Engineer Intern - Summer 2019 in Greenville, South Carolina
This Welding Engineer EID will help to establish internal processes that safely ensures the production of high quality products that meet compliance and project requirements. Drive continuous improvement across the product lines by assisting with projects, improving product quality and resolving technical/process issues. Effectively interface with manufacturing and other support teams to complete projects to meet EHS, production, quality, and cost savings goals within schedule and budget.
• Assist in the development to qualify different welding processes (GTAW, GMAW, EB, Laser) across multiple base metals.
• Assist in the development of brazing processes across multiple base metals.
• Develop, maintain, and ensure compliance to various welding procedure specifications (WPS).
• Manage minor projects and continuous improvement efforts in accordance with plant metrics.
• Ensure all engineering designs and technical data meet customer CTQs and compliance requirements.
• Maintain and improve process documentation and enforce in assigned area to ensure consistent quality.
• Implement, maintain and continuously improve 5S methodology in assigned areas; drive culture change
• Support NPI/Repair through providing technical support around welding processes, quality and programs.
• Provide quality engineering of new product introduction involving new processes or automated equipment
• Participate in analytical and design activities using proven technologies and vested approaches and methods.
• Develops new solutions under guidance and/or in a team setting or based upon precedents in the organizations.
• Communicates across the function in area of expertise
• Other duties as assigned
EMPLOYMENT DATES: May to August 2018 (Summer)
Must have one to two semesters left prior to graduation and be enrolled in a full-time undergraduate in an accredited Welding Engineering bachelor’s degree program
Must maintain a minimum 3.0 cumulative GPA (without rounding).
Must submit your application for employment through gecareers.com/campus interview to be considered
Must be willing to take a drug test as part of the selection process
Must be willing to submit to a background investigation as part of the selection process
Must be 18 years of age or older
Must be able to develop and maintain good customer relationships
Must have reliable transportation and a valid driver's license
Must be willing to work in geographical area specified by the business
• Hands-on experience in welding or brazing.
• Strong oral and written communication skills.
• Strong interpersonal and leadership skills.
• Ability to influence others and lead small teams.
• Ability to coordinate several projects simultaneously.
• Analytical problem solving skills.
• Strong knowledge of technical concepts in technologies that intersect with own technical space.
GE is the world’s Digital Industrial Company, transforming industry with software-defined machines and solutions that are connected, responsive and predictive. Through our people, leadership development, services, technology and scale, GE delivers better outcomes for global customers by speaking the language of industry.
GE offers a great work environment, professional development, challenging careers, and competitive compensation. GE is an Equal Opportunity Employer at http://www.ge.com/sites/default/files/15-000845%20EEO%20combined.pdf . Employment decisions are made without regard to race, color, religion, national or ethnic origin, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity or expression, age, disability, protected veteran status or other characteristics protected by law.
Locations: United States; South Carolina; Greenville
GE will only employ those who are legally authorized to work in the United States for this opening.