General Electric Center of Excellence Trainer in Grand Forks, North Dakota
Role Summary:Provide Center of Excellence training for hourly and salaried employees as required. This is done by following the training materials, administering theoretical assessments, controlling practical evaluations, and reviewing qualification and requalification requirements. The Center of Excellence Trainer will also execute training specific to the skills matrix together with managers, supervisors and mentors.
Essential Responsibilities:• Support in the Implementation of the Policies and Procedures for Center of Excellence Standardization
• Support to guarantee continuous alignment within GE & LM Wind Power Strategy / Policies with Center of Excellence training
• Maintain a Culture of High Center of Excellence Performance Level
• Analyze the employee’s skills and identify gaps to determine training needs to accomplish plant goals
• Use known and new learning principles, methods and techniques with a learning effectiveness purpose
• Organize and deliver training activities according with the Center of Excellence Procedure to establish a uniform global training
• Support other Center of Excellence locations, Ramp ups or new plants as required
• Act as an ambassador of HSE, Quality, LMPS, Integrity and other Company principles and culture
• Coordinate qualification and re-qualification status level of hourly employees together with HR, Production Managers and Supervisor
• Provide coaching and daily follow up on employees in “on the job training” on the shop floor
Qualifications/Requirements:• High School diploma required, bachelor’s degree preferred.
• 2+years previous leadership experience
• Interpersonal skills to enable to work with people at all levels.
• Strong Computer Knowledge (MS Office)
• The ability to work independently with minimal supervision and strong discipline to processes
• Rule following, Socially confident, Detail conscious, Conscientious
• Strong facilitation skills
Desired Characteristics:• Knowledge and experience with adult instructional and learning theory and principles
• Experience with Training Methodologies and techniques
• 2+ years training experience
• Proven ability to complete full training cycle: assess skills/training needs, plan, develop, coordinate, conduct and evaluated training needs to cover the gaps that need to be addressed
About Us:GE (NYSE:GE) drives the world forward by tackling its biggest challenges. By combining world-class engineering with software and analytics, GE helps the world work more efficiently, reliably, and safely. GE people are global, diverse and dedicated, operating with the highest integrity and passion to fulfill GE’s mission and deliver for our customers. www.ge.com
GE offers a great work environment, professional development, challenging careers, and competitive compensation. GE is an Equal Opportunity Employer. Employment decisions are made without regard to race, color, religion, national or ethnic origin, gender (including pregnancy), sexual orientation, gender identity or expression, age, disability, veteran status or any other characteristics protected by law.
Additional Eligibility Qualifications:GE will only employ those who are legally authorized to work in the United States for this opening. Any offer of employment is conditioned upon the successful completion of a drug screen (as applicable).Additional Locations:United States;North Dakota;Grand Forks;