General Electric Sr Staff Software Architect in Bangalore,
Role Summary:The Staff Software Architect is a highly influential technical leadership role within the Enterprise Digital Solutions engineering community. Primary focus of this architect is to create roadmap for our next generation Viewer products for Radiologists, make technology choices and lead the design and development of such products on a multiplatform environment.
Essential Responsibilities:In this role you will:
• Design and develop architecture for Healthcare IT products functional and non-functional requirements
• Work closely with project management to ensure alignment of plans with what is being delivered
• Work with project management and software development leaders to ensure progress towards architectural alignment with project goals and requirements
• Ensure the conceptual completeness of the technical solution
• Review and approve recommendations and exceptions to architectural standards for the platform and applications deployed on it
• Lead the research and evaluation of emerging technology, industry and market trends to assist in product development and/or operational support activities
• Identify the tools and components used within the domain based on the enterprise toolset and can define exceptions as warranted
• Recommend allocation of budget to meet architectural initiatives critical to business/mission success and develop the business case for approval
• Provide leadership, technology guidance and mentors others throughout their domain
• Define the skills, competencies in the skills and talents for architecture team members
Qualifications/Requirements:• Bachelor's/Master’s Degree in Computer Science/Electronics and Communication/Information Technology Engineering/Information Security or any other related computer field
• Minimum of 12 years of technical experience along with established leadership credentials within a product
• Minimum of 5 years full-time experience in enterprise software architecture – emphasis on implementation of scalable cloud/cloud native technical solutions in products
• Good working knowledge of developing distributed solutions using following technologies
o Service Oriented Architecture, Microserivces
o Relational and NoSQL databases
• Understanding of enterprise architecture patterns, especially on meeting performance, scalability and reliability CTQs
• Good communication skills on to be able to communicate with customers, managers, business analysts and developers
Desired Characteristics:• Industry-recognized certification such as TOGAF, SCEA, ACSA etc.
• Experience in cloud native and container orchestration stacks like OpenStack, Kubernetes, DockerSwarm, Cloud Foundry, OpenShift etc.
• Excellent conceptual, problem-solving and oral/written communication skills
• High passion and energy and the ability to influence and energize others
• Demonstrated ability to work on projects concurrently and work with teams globally
• Demonstrated experience on product releases throughout the entire NPI cycle in engineering product development processes on cross-functional programs with a focus on related engineering discipline
• Handson technical role; self-motivator and a very good team player with good interpersonal skills
• Strategic thinker and change agent
• Positive attitude to explore, drive and passionate in excelling on the technology goals
• Demonstrated ability to deliver high quality results in a timely fashion while working on multiple projects concurrently
• Healthcare Domain Experience
• Collaborating with external/internal teams/stakeholders identifying the synergies to benefit mutually. Leveraging technical and clinical depth to work on business
• initiatives aimed at innovation and quality excellence
• Experience in security services like IDAM, Certificate Management, OAuth etc.
About Us:GE is the world's Digital Industrial Company, transforming industry with software-defined machines and solutions that are connected, responsive and predictive. Through our people, leadership development, services, technology and scale, GE delivers better outcomes for global customers by speaking the language of Industry
• We are attempting problems others haven’t been able to solve at speed and scale that are customers are coming to expect!
• Believe in the saying: “Move fast and break things.” The idea is that if you never break anything, you’re probably not moving fast. At GE, we’re less afraid of making mistakes than we are of losing opportunities
• To have the biggest impact, we need to focus on solving the most important problems. It sounds simple, but most people do this poorly and waste a lot of time.Additional Locations:India;Bangalore;