General Electric GE Hydro SSA Service Leader in Abidjan,
Job Description Summary
Managers of people from multiple families within the function. Owns/influences budgets and operating plans. The role is guided by operating policy. Works with cross functional teams. The role has autonomy within the operational area or a segment within a larger business unit. The role may have a major impact on a small business unit or Family within a Function or P&L. High levels of evaluative judgment and operational acumen are required to achieve outcomes.
The SSA Hydro Services Leader is responsible for Services operational activities in the Sub-Saharan Africa region, including simple retrofits and transactional activities.
The SSA Services leader leads a team of Com ops and Sales managers and Plant Support managers through successful award and execution of Hydro Service contracts in SSA. He/she owns team EHS performance, customer satisfaction, project profitability and delivery on schedule and on budget across all the projects in SSA for the Hydro Service team.
The SSA Hydro Services Leader is responsible to define the right set up and processes to deliver on the objective of the region on a quarterly basis, as well as define the roadmap to position the region for future growth and sustainable execution. Particular focus is required on the Plant Support organization in SSA to enable a rapid growth of transactional services from an execution stand-point.
• In collaboration with sales, build the relevant commercial strategy and engagement plan for service
• Lead overall preparation of the service offer through a successful competitive proposal
• Ensure the Service region has the required capabilities to deliver competitive offering, define the actions plan accordingly with other regional functions leaders
• Lead overall execution of the projects after handover from the Commercial team through successful completion, including safety, quality, schedule, financial profitability, sourcing, engineering, etc
• Build and grow customer relationships during project execution phase, ensuring achievement of Customer expectations and contractual deliverables
• Proactively shares input into to the global strategy of the Services Functions by searching and developing continuous improvement actions in applications, core competencies and the sharing of best practices
• Responsible for managing a direct team across multiple office locations. Develop and lead team of Services com ops/sales and Plant Support managers ... including succession planning
• Drive efficiency and productivity in the team through ownership and improvement, as needed, of project management processes
• Ownership of safety strategy and culture implementation at project level; ensuring personnel are provided with and following proper procedures
• Identifies and captures business opportunities with regards to the Hydro installed base
• Enhance project financials through timely execution of change orders and accountable for quarterly P&L performance and regular financial pacing.
• Close cooperation with the Field Service organization to ensure safe, smooth and efficient site operations.
• Ensure return of experience and transfer of knowledge to develop further competence and autonomy of the direct and extended team
• University / Engineering Degree from an accredited institution
• Minimum 10 year experience in Project Management in the Hydro and/or Service industry
• Fluency in English
• Team management experience: ability to manage and lead through change and organizational growth
• Proven ability to work in a cross functional organization through successful leadership and influencing skills
• Technical / Engineering experience with a strong commercial awareness and cross functional business understanding (Sales, Legal, Finance, etc.)
• Fluency in French
• Strong communicator
• Strong multi-tasking and prioritization skills to motivate team through pro-active milestone management and issue resolution
• Ability to work in a multi-cultural environment
• Capacity to identify, analyze and handle risks and opportunities
• Understands the importance of service attitude (being available to the customer, responsive to customer’s needs, flexible and willingness to build close customer relations)
• Decision maker and resilient
• Able to balance technical and commercial constraints with customer needs
Relocation Assistance Provided: No