General Electric Contracts Manager(Pipeline for Future Role) in Taipei,
Role Summary:As part of a Project Management team you will provide Contract Management support in the execution of complex turnkey, equipment, extended scope, domestic and international Power Plant contracts.
Essential Responsibilities:• Team commercial expert in mitigating high dollar value claims and risks.
• Develop and implement mitigation strategies and settlement agreements.
• Contract Change Order and risk and opportunity management and execution, including pursuing and defending claims from suppliers, subcontractors, Customer and Consortium Partners (if applicable).
• Ensure appropriate insurance policies are in place for assigned projects and pursue and obtain insurance claim recoveries.
• Supplier claim recovery working in conjunction with Sourcing.
• Timely and accurate maintenance of databases to track and drive risk mitigation, vendor recovery and insurance recovery.
• Pre-Award risk analysis of customer contract terms and conditions and Consortium Agreement (if applicable).
• Development of Consortium Agreements with partners, and terms and conditions with major subcontractors.
• Prepare pass-through terms and conditions for GE supplier subcontracts and Purchase Orders.
• A sense of urgency and customer-focused responsiveness.
• Maintain contract management documentation and electronic files, including contemporaneously obtaining and managing back-up documentation for delays, claims, back-charges and rejections.
• Ensure timely submission of contractual notifications / deliverables.
• Draft contractual letters, replies and notifications in accordance to the terms and conditions of the contract.
• Provide contractual analysis and interpretation on project commercial issues and drive to successful resolution and closure.
• Obtain Management authorization to release new projects via Electronic Order Release system (eARS).
• Providing guidance and support to the Project team on general contractual issues and where necessary referring to specialist functions such as legal, corporate insurance, tax, finance etc.
• Providing guidance, leadership and support to the Project team in the negotiation of claims settlements with customers, consortium partners and suppliers and providing support as required to the project and legal teams in the event of actual or potential arbitral or litigation proceedings.
• Undertaking any other contractual/commercial tasks as instructed/requested by Project Manager/Director and or Contract Management function.
• Ensure commercial reporting on the project on matters including claims, risks, change orders, cash-flow is up to date and accurate.
• Help the continued development of the Contract Management discipline by leading and participating in broader initiatives across the function.
Qualifications/Requirements:• Bachelor's Degree in Business Administration, Engineering, Construction Management, Quantity Surveying, Business Administration or Law or related field from an accredited university;
• 10 years’ or more experience in a contracts administration/contract management discipline in an international contracting environment, preferably in the Power/Energy or Oil and Gas industry and in large-scaled and complex Turnkey/EPC and Consortium structured contracts;
• Solid understanding of contract terms and law principles, relevant technical, financial, cost & project risk management principles;
• Demonstrated knowledge and experience relating to delay analysis techniques and methodologies, calculating and analyzing productivity losses, ability to interpret construction contracts, drawings and specifications;
• Strong presentation and negotiation skills at higher management level;
• Ability to demonstrate good people leadership, influencing and management skills including the ability to work independently and communicate effectively within and across all levels of project functional groups of diverse nationalities;
• Accomplished computer skills particularly in utilizing MS-Windows and Office applications (Excel, Word, PowerPoint), project management software, Primavera P6 and/or other equivalent construction industry related software;
• Ability to handle many complex issues concurrently;
• Excellent written and oral communication skills in English and Chinese are must;
• Ability and willingness to travel on business trips.
Desired Characteristics:Ten (10) plus years contract and claims management experience.
Master’s Degree in Business Administration.
Prime contract commercial experience (domestic and international).
Construction claims negotiation experience.
EPC Experience, preferably in the Power Industry or Oil & Gas Industry.
About Us:GE (NYSE:GE) drives the world forward by tackling its biggest challenges. By combining world-class engineering with software and analytics, GE helps the world work more efficiently, reliably, and safely. GE people are global, diverse and dedicated, operating with the highest integrity and passion to fulfill GE’s mission and deliver for our customers. www.ge.comAdditional Locations:Taiwan, Province of China;Taipei;