General Electric Staff Software Architect in Glen Allen, Virginia
Job Description Summary
We are looking for an experienced Software Architect to join the team responsible for delivering a world-class customer digital experience. You will be involved in designing software strategies to support multiple product pillars including digital selling, self-service, education, and data analytics. Plan to use API Gateways to expose endpoints from SaaS providers, and microservices and loosely couple the ecosystem with low-code IPaaS tools.
In this role, you will:
Implement API Gateway strategy for customer-facing applications
Integrate ecosystem components with IPaaS low code solutions using event-based paradigm
Introduce new technology, software patterns, and mentor scrum teams across application pillars.
Solve complex technical problems
Collaborate with a large, diverse group of architects to apply the proper patterns to complex use-cases
Communicate with Technical Product Manager and Delivery Lead using Agile methodology
Minimum 8 years of experience in architecture or software development
Previous software development experience with focus on performant, reusable patterns, and flexible code
Experience in enterprise architecture and software design patterns that drive scalability, reliability and maintainability
Good communication, collaboration and influencing skills
Desired Technical Expertise:
• Ability to consult customer on alignment of outcomes and desired technical solutions at an enterprise level
• Ability to Analyze, design, and develop a software solution roadmap and implementation plan based upon a current vs. future state of the business.
• Working knowledge of configuration choices and related cost implications; Experience with complex solution configurations.
• Knowledgeable of full range of solution catalog within a business unit and able to discuss overall solution at depth.
• Experience sustaining operational stability through various life cycle phases (planning, implementation, steady state, de-commissioning); Ability to provision and budget via capital and operating.
• Able to lead early stage customer interactions; Guide customers as they develop confidence and comfort with approaches, and integrate with their legacy tech investments.
We expect all employees to live and breathe our behaviors: to act with humility and build trust; lead with transparency; deliver with focus, and drive ownership –always with unyielding integrity.
Our total rewards are designed to unlock your ambition by giving you the boost and flexibility you need to turn your ideas into world-changing realities. Our salary and benefits are everything you’d expect from an organization with global strength and scale, and you’ll be surrounded by career opportunities in a culture that fosters care, collaboration and support.
The salary range for this position is $108,000 - $162,000. The specific salary offered to a candidate may be influenced by a variety of factors including the candidate’s experience, their education, and the work location. In addition, this position is eligible for a performance bonus .Available benefits include health, welfare, retirement and paid leave.
GE offers a great work environment, professional development, challenging careers, and competitive compensation. GE is an Equal Opportunity Employer (https://assets.phenompeople.com/CareerConnectResources/GE11GLOBAL/en_global/desktop/assets/images/poster_screen_reader_optimized_w_supplement.pdf) . Employment decisions are made without regard to race, color, religion, national or ethnic origin, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity or expression, age, disability, protected veteran status or other characteristics protected by law.
GE will only employ those who are legally authorized to work in the United States for this opening. Any offer of employment is conditioned upon the successful completion of a drug screen (as applicable).
As a federal government contractor, GE requires U.S. employees to be fully vaccinated against COVID-19 unless you receive an approved medical or religious accommodation. Proof of vaccination will be required.
Relocation Assistance Provided: No