General Electric Sr Software Engineer in Glen Allen, Virginia
Job Description Summary
Responsible for development of a custom coded critical cybersecurity platform. Works independently and contributes to the immediate team and to other teams across business. You will also contribute to product architecture, design and implementation discussions.
In this role, you will:
• Be responsible for defining, developing, and evolving software in a fast paced and agile development environment using the latest software development technologies and infrastructure
• Provide technical leadership to an agile team of 3-5 developers/engineers
• Translate requirements / vision into prioritized list of user stories and deliver to required timelines and quality standards
• Work with cybersecurity product owners, Business cybersecurity teams and architects to develop multi generation software technology plans
• Work cross functionally with other business departments to align activities and deliverables
• Drive world-class quality and security into the development lifecycle
• Apply principles of SDLC and methodologies like Lean/Agile/XP, CI, Software and Product Security, Scalability, Documentation Practices, refactoring and Testing Techniques
• Write code that meets standards and delivers desired functionality using the technology selected for the project
• Understand performance parameters and assess application performance
• Work on core data structures and algorithms and implement them using technology chosen
• Proactively share information across the team, to the right audience with the appropriate level of detail and timeliness
Basic Qualification and Eligibility Requirement
Bachelor's Degree in Computer Science or “STEM” Majors (Science, Technology, Engineering and Math) plus a minimum years of 4 years relevant work experience.
Legal authorization to work in USA is required. We will not sponsor individuals for employment visas, now or in the future, for this job.
Must be willing to work out of the GE office in Glen Allen, VA
• Strong programming skills with experience in Node.js, Angular, Python and PostgresSQL
• +2 years of experience with AWS services
• Certified Scrum Master and/or Product Owner
• Demonstrates the initiative to explore alternate technology and approaches to solving problems
• Demonstrated ability to produce quality products under tight and strict deadlines
• Skilled in breaking down problems, documenting problem statements and estimating efforts
• Has the ability to analyze impact of technology choices
• Strong oral and written communication skills
• Strong interpersonal skills
GE offers a great work environment, professional development, challenging careers, and competitive compensation. GE is an Equal Opportunity Employer (https://assets.phenompeople.com/CareerConnectResources/GE11GLOBAL/en_global/desktop/assets/images/poster_screen_reader_optimized_w_supplement.pdf) . Employment decisions are made without regard to race, color, religion, national or ethnic origin, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity or expression, age, disability, protected veteran status or other characteristics protected by law.
GE will only employ those who are legally authorized to work in the United States for this opening. Any offer of employment is conditioned upon the successful completion of a drug screen (as applicable).
Relocation Assistance Provided: No