General Electric Cyber Security Engineer in Glen Allen, Virginia
Role Summary:We are looking for a CyberSecurity Engineer to work with teams comprised of SoftwareEngineers, Quality Engineers, User Interaction Design Engineers, Infrastructure/Platform team,and the Product Owners to help lead the technical insight and industry perspective in the creation,delivery, and integration of complex and comprehensive security solutions. You will be a securityevangelist helping engineersin secure implementation of technology stack in a cloud environment.
Essential Responsibilities:You are a motivated security Engineer who enjoys security work and collaborating with product managers, engineers, and developers to drive the successful adoption of innovative methods in implementing robust cloud controls and developing secure applications.
In this role, you will:
• Work with cross-functional team members from Architecture, Engineering, Operations and Service Delivery to develop, test, and release new data protection capabilities and features.
• Support engineering, implementation and ongoing support of new client agents for the data protection software used at GE .
• Must be passionate about continuous learning, experimenting and trying new ideas.
• Respond to customer and operations-reported application issues and incidents.
• Represent and contribute to the overall GE Digital Data Protection Ecosystems and methodologies.
• Continually develop new comprehension of data security tools at various levels within the environment
• Ability to learn how to take a task and work independently when necessary to deliver a solution.
• Ability to document your experiences to demonstrate growth and development.
Qualifications/Requirements:Bachelor's Degree in Computer Science or “STEM” Majors (Science, Technology, Engineering and Math). A minimum 2 years of professional experience OR High School Diploma and minimum of 6 years professional work experience.
Desired Characteristics:• Experience in scripting languages such as Powershell, VBscript, batch, Bash, Python, Ruby, AWS CLI
• Experience using or supporting MacOS and Windows OS on end user workstations
• Experience with both host-centric and network-centric software and techniques
• Strong written, verbal, analytical and organizational skills, and the ability to speak confidently when dealing with internal constituents
• Process oriented, capable of documenting guidelines, policies and procedures within work area
• Ability to identify risks areas for potential data loss exposures
• Experience in working with Agile methodologies
• Experience working directly with Cloud providers/infrastructure (AWS), operating systems (Window/Linux) and orchestration tools (Chef, Puppet)
• Working knowledge of data protection tools such as Digital Guardian, Symantec, Intel Security (McAfee), Websense, Skyhigh, or ForcePointe.
• Working knowledge of database connectivity and data integration methods using Microsoft SQL, MySQL, HQL, and Splunk
• Working knowledge of how authentication, authorization and access management systems function.
• Ability to clearly articulate technical concepts/issues to both technical and non-technical peers and management
• Knowledge of recognized IT Security-related standards and technologies
About Us:GE (NYSE:GE) drives the world forward by tackling its biggest challenges. By combining world-class engineering with software and analytics, GE helps the world work more efficiently, reliably, and safely. GE people are global, diverse and dedicated, operating with the highest integrity and passion to fulfill GE’s mission and deliver for our customers. www.ge.com
GE offers a great work environment, professional development, challenging careers, and competitive compensation. GE is an Equal Opportunity Employer. Employment decisions are made without regard to race, color, religion, national or ethnic origin, gender (including pregnancy), sexual orientation, gender identity or expression, age, disability, veteran status or any other characteristics protected by law.
Additional Eligibility Qualifications:GE will only employ those who are legally authorized to work in the United States for this opening. Any offer of employment is conditioned upon the successful completion of a drug screen (as applicable).Additional Locations:United States;Ohio, Virginia;Glen Allen, Cincinnati;