General Electric Resident Engineer - Controls in Gladstone, Australia
Resident Engineers are Field Specialist Engineers with expertise in the installation maintenance and repair of rotating equipment within the field and are assigned to long-term positions on specific customer sites, providing specialist equipment support for BHGE rotating equipment installations within a customer’s plant. This role will specialise in Controls.
• Support customer operations by ensuring that operation and maintenance of BHGE rotating equipment is within GE prescribed parameters.
• Conduct fault diagnosis and performance evaluation of BHGE equipment in line with customer requirements.
• Prepare maintenance plans for BHGE equipment.
• Train customer personnel in the safe and efficient operation of GE equipment.
• Maintain stock level holdings of BHGE spare parts.
• Maintain specialist BHGE tooling on site.
• Liaise with BHGE engineering support on any technical issues that may arise during operation and maintenance of GE equipment.
• Support outage and maintenance teams in the preparation and execution of plant outages.
Engineering Degree/High School Technical Diploma or equivalent business experience.
From 7 to 10 years of related working experience in Oil & Gas industry within maintenance or installation field activities.
Solid understanding of the design and operating philosophy of LM2500+G4 gas turbines, centrifugal compressors, reciprocating compressors and/or their MK6e control and electrical systems.
Strong knowledge of BHGE product-specific rotating equipment maintenance and operation.
Ability to understand technical drawings.
Knowledge of BHGE information and management systems such as e-Tools and Oracle.
Strong analytic and problem-solving skills together with good interpersonal & organizational skills.
Salary range: $90,000 - $140,000
Baker Hughes, a GE company (NYSE:BHGE) is the world’s first and only fullstream provider of integrated oilfield products, services and digital solutions. We deploy minds and machines to enhance customer productivity, safety and environmental stewardship, while minimizing costs and risks at every step of the energy value chain. With operations in over 120 countries, we infuse over a century of experience with the spirit of a startup – inventing smarter ways to bring energy to the world.
Follow Baker Hughes, a GE company on Twitter @BHGECo, or visit us at BHGE.com.
Locations: Australia; Gladstone