General Electric Staff Devops Engineer - Remote in Gebze, Turkey
Job Description Summary
Putting Industrial Data to Work
Our customers are on the front lines of the world's toughest industrial challenges: enabling more renewable energy on the grid; reducing emissions; increasing plant productivity; adapting to demand and keeping their teams safe! A corporate culture dating back 130 years: GE’s foundations were laid by Thomas Edison nearly 130 years ago, and the company continues to provide innovative solutions for a wide range of critical problems around the world. GE’s deep-rooted culture, outlined in three core behaviors, serves as the backbone for every step taken at GE TTC.
GE Digital Aviation team of software developers operates at the GE Turkey Technology Center - one of GE’s key investments in Turkey – provides software solutions for global projects, working flexibly from home or office. We are boosting Turkey’s competitive strength with local and global software solutions, as well as word-class employee benefits. 150 software engineers, software architects, technical leaders, technical product managers, data scientists and engineers work at GE Turkey Technology Center, delivering 90% of its solutions, developed for local and international clients, to the industries across the world.
We are offering;
Innovative business culture, open to improvements and new ideas.
The option to choose working environment. Employees can work comfortably from home or office anytime.
Newly-recruited employees at TTC don’t lose any right from their annual leave calculation due to company change.
Have option to manage your day flexibly and convert additional work hours into time off in subsequent weeks when needed.
Individual development budget for any development need.
Engagement events, hobby clubs, volunteer activities
Diversity at GE
We believe diversity makes us more competitive and creates value for our customers, shareholders, and employees. We believe in the value of each person’s unique identity, background, and experiences and are committed to fostering an inclusive culture, where everyone feels empowered to do their best work because they feel accepted, respected, and that they belong.
Staff Build & Release Engineer will be responsible for providing build and release strategy for highly complex as well as parallel and concurrent releases for a Software Product. Manages Continuous Code Integration within SDLC. Works independently and is seen as a Technical Leader. The role demonstrates deep understanding of concurrent software development, its effect on build management and releasing the builds across versions and environments
Staff DevOps Engineer will be responsible for providing build and release strategy for highly complex as well as parallel and concurrent releases for a Software Product. Manages Continuous Code Integration within SDLC. Works independently and is seen as a Technical Leader. The role demonstrates deep understanding of concurrent software development, its effect on build management and releasing the builds across versions and environments
Roles and Responsibilities
In this role, you will:
• Own builds, releases and continuous integration process for large and complex releases of a product and at times expands the scope across multiple concurrent releases.
• Own, manage and improve release process. Focuses on scale and efficiency. Deploys the right builds across environments.
• Manage key deliverables and mentors junior team members.
• Contribute in driving initiatives such as defining standards and processes to ensure quality.
• Work cross functionally with other business departments to align activities and deliverables.
• Develop and enhance the test infrastructure and continuous integration framework used across teams.
• Determine best practices and principals and promotes them across the team.
• Demonstrate expert knowledge in developing and executing automated builds and scripts.
• Learn new build and releases techniques and methodologies and trains the team in the same.
• Work with developers and stakeholders to deliver quality software through the build and deployment system.
• Partner with and provides direction to fellow team members to diagnose bugs and formulate solutions.
• Use industry best practices to improve Build, Release and Continuous integration processes.
Bachelor's Degree in in Computer Science, Software Engineering, or a STEM major (Science, Technology, Engineering, or Math) or equivalent work experience
A minimum of 8 years of experience in software development, cloud/online service engineering/automation or cloud/online service operations
A minimum of 8 years of experience engineering horizontally scalable, elastic cloud/online services
Demonstrated experience in configuration automation.
Demonstrated experience with Docker, Kubernetes, Azure, Python, Networking, Jenkins and Git
Contributes in driving initiatives such as defining standards and processes to ensure quality
Expert in developing code for other developers to learn from
Experience with DevOps and Agile practices, and culture
Experience in test automation techniques, both functional
(TDD) and behavioral (BDD).
Applied experience with modern application technologies and design patterns including Cloud infrastructure (Azure experience is a plus)
Familiarity with monitoring and optimizing large scale enterprise applications and database performance
Evaluate industry best practices and new technologies to drive effective adoption and implementation.
Proficient in one or more of the following monitoring and logging tools: Sumo logic, Sensu, New Relic, App dynamics, Neustar, Gomez, Nimsoft, Zabbix, Nagios, Ganglia, Cacti, Splunk, Logstash, Graphite.
Strong working knowledge of Linux operating systems, their underlying components, system statistics, performance tuning, filesystems and io.
Exposure to: Pivotal Cloud Foundry, OpenStack, Hadoop, Pivotal HD, HAWQ, RabbitMQ, Redis, Jenkins, IaaS [Compute – Linux, Storage, Palo Alto Network FW, F5 load balancers]
• Strong problem solving abilities and capable of articulating specific technical topics or assignments
• Experience in building scalable and highly available distributed systems
• Skilled in breaking down problems and estimate time for development tasks
• Evangelizes how our technology solves customer problems from a technology and business perspective
• Demonstrates clarity of thinking to work through limited information and vague problem definitions
• Influences through others; builds direct and "behind the scenes" support for ideas
• Proactively identifies and removes project obstacles or barriers on behalf of the team
• Shares knowledge, power, and credit, establishing trust, credibility, and goodwill
• Able to work under minimal supervision
• Excellent communication skills and the ability to interface with senior leadership with confidence and clarity
• Skilled in providing oversight and mentoring team members. Shows ability to effectively delegate work.
• Applies values, business strategy, policies, precedent, and experience to make complex decisions in
ambiguity and with uncertain consequences.
This position is based in Turkey and remote.
If preferred, office is also available in Turkey/Gebze.
This Job Description is intended to provide a high level guide to the role. However, it is not intended to amend or otherwise restrict/expand the duties required from each individual employee as set out in their respective employment contract and/or as otherwise agreed between an employee and their manager.
Relocation Assistance Provided: No