General Electric Sr Build & Release Engineer in Gebze, Turkey
At GE Software, we are creating technology and solutions to enable social, mobile, analytical and cloud capabilities for the Industrial Internet. The Industrial Internet is an open, global network that connects people, data and machines. It’s about making infrastructure more intelligent and advancing the industries critical to the world we live in.
In this role, you will:
• Support and improve our tools for continuous build, automated testing and release management
• Make technology choices at individual level and has ability to analyze impact
• Profile build process and identifies bottlenecks
• Demonstrate expertise in writing scripts to automate tasks. Implements Continuous Integration/Deployment build principles
• Provide expertise in the quality engineering, test planning and testing methodology for a software project
• Help businesses develop an overall strategy for deploying code. Contribute to planning and strategy with his/her ideas. Draw off experience in order to influence others
• Be expert at applying principles of SDLC and methodologies like Lean/Agile/XP, CI, Software and Product Security, Scalability, Documentation Practices, refactoring and Testing Techniques.
• Be able to document procedures for building and deploying
• Bachelor’s Degree in Computer Science or in “STEM” Majors (Science, Technology, Engineering and Math)
• A minimum of 5 years of professional experience in build & release technologies OR Master’s degree with 3 years of experience.
• Master’s Degree/ PHD in Computer Science
• Experience to technically lead or mentor a team with a product vision
• Excellent interpersonal, communication, presentation and facilitation skills
• Love digging into new technologies, and can pick them up quickly
• Strong team player – collaborates well with others to solve problems and actively incorporates input from various sources; has experience --working with others on a global basis
• Flexible and available approach to working in a changing environment
• A clear understanding of cloud service and deployment models
• Experience with Platform as a Service (PaaS) such as Microsoft Azure, Cloud Foundry, Heroku, Elastic Beanstalk
• Familiarity with logical and physical data models, big data storage architecture, data modeling methodologies, metadata management, master data management, data lineage & data profiling.
• Able to assess code, build it, and run applications locally on his/her own
• Experience with creating and maintaining automated build tools
• Experience on Jenkins platform and pipeline creation and management
• Experience on deployment automation to different cloud systems especially Azure and AWS.
• Experience on code quality platforms like SonarQube
• Facilitates and coaches software engineering team sessions on requirements estimation and alternative approaches to team sizing and estimation. Leads a community of practice around estimation to share best practices among teams
• Knowledgeable about developments in UX in various contexts, businesses, and industries. Quantifies effectiveness of design choices by gathering data. Drives accountability and adoption. Publishes guidance and documentation to promote adoption of design. Proposes design solutions based on research and synthesis; creates general design principles that capture the vision and critical concerns for a program.
• Demonstrates mastery of the intricacies of interactions and dynamics in Agile teams. Demonstrates advanced understanding of Lean Six Sigma principles (e.g., Black belt certified). Guides new teams to adopt Agile, troubleshoots adoption efforts, and guide continuous improvement. Provides training on Lean / Agile. Drives elimination of inefficiencies in coding process. Teaches XP practices to others. Actively embraces new methods and practices that increase efficiency and effectiveness.
• Evaluates technology to drive features and roadmaps. Maps technology trends to internal vision. Differentiates buzzwords from value proposition. Embraces technology trends that drive excellence beyond traditional practices (e.g., Test automation in lieu of traditional QA practices).
• Balances value propositions for competing stakeholders. Recommends a well-researched recommendation of buy vs. build solution. Conveys the value proposition for the company by assessing financial risks and gains of decisions and return on investment (ROI). Manages the process of building and maintaining a successful alliance. Understands and successfully applies common analytical techniques, including ROI, SWOT, and Gap analyses. Able to clearly articulate the business drivers relevant to a given initiative.
GE is the world's Digital Industrial Company, transforming industry with software-defined machines and solutions that are connected, responsive and predictive. Through our people, leadership development, services, technology and scale, GE delivers better outcomes for global customers by speaking the language of industry.
Locations: Turkey; Gebze