General Electric Lead Engineer - Mechanical Component in Gebze, Turkey
Role Summary:GE Aviation is offering the opportunity to work with the latest technologies and applications, specializing in aircraft engine design and analysis, in a technology base; Turkey Technology Center, located in Gebze, Kocaeli.
Essential Responsibilities:• Provide technical guidance to other personnel supporting complex projects projects and/or tasks.
• Demonstrates domain expertise and skills in global scale; building depth.
• Moderate complexity component, module or systems level analysis or hardware ownership.
• Lead the design of engine hardware such as Combustor , Compressor, High Pressure Turbine, Low Pressure Turbine, and Fan Hardware including blades, cases, frames, engine rotors, high and low temperature seals and shafts in accordance to GE Aviation’s Design Practices for Aircraft Engines and Gas Turbines.
• Understand and evaluate the overall effects of engine operations on the hardware, such as thermal, vibratory, maneuver and limit loads.
• Understand and evaluate Federal Aviation Authority requirements when an engine component is redesigned.
• Perform GE Aviation Chief Engineer reviews at several stages of design and redesigns.
• Perform two-dimensional stress analysis to understand part stresses.
• Understand the Manufacturing processes that is involved in producing Aircraft Engine parts.
• Perform Priority Part Reviews to make sure parts are produced according to GE drawings and specifications.
• Help, train new engineers in design analysis and hardware procurement.
Qualifications/Requirements:• Minimum of MSc degree in Mechanical or Aerospace engineering with emphasis on Design and
Engineering Mechanics or Civil Engineering with a specialty in Structural Design.
• Minimum 4 Years of hands on experience in designing and analyzing structural parts.
• Excellent command of written and spoken English.
• Proficient in the use of graphics and analysis software such as Unigraphics and ANSYS.
Desired Characteristics:• Taken courses in Advanced Mechanical Design, Elasticity, Modal Analysis, Advanced Vibrations and Fatigue Analysis.
• Demonstrated academic excellence.
• Experience in Aircraft Engine Design is a plus.
• Analytical thinking skills.
• Familiarity with CAD software (Unigraphics or other commercial CAD software).
• Computer proficiency and familiarity with design, test and analysis tools.
• Preferably experience in areas such as aviation, gas turbine or internal combustion engine design and analysis.
• Ability to communicate clearly and effectively in writing and verbally.
• Strong interpersonal skills, which enable a learning approach to problem resolution.
• Ability to perform multi-task assignments effectively.
About Us:GE is the world's Digital Industrial Company, transforming industry with software-defined machines and solutions that are connected, responsive and predictive. Through our people, leadership development, services, technology and scale, GE delivers better outcomes for global customers by speaking the language of industry.Additional Locations:Turkey;Gebze;