General Electric CoE SR, Electric Design Engineer in Gebze, Turkey
Role Summary:To create concepts and designs of world class, cost effective, high quality and reliable electrical design of Shunt Reactor providing cost effective, optimized designs for contracts & tenders based on customer’s specifications, International standards and PTR Technology (CDC & CPC) and to prepare conceptual designs, calculations, drawings and specifications for execution functions.
Essential Responsibilities:Responsibilities and Accountabilities
• Understanding national and international design standards and necessary design tools.
• Ensuring components and assemblies adhere to applicable industry and business standards
• Using specialized software to analyse magnetic circuits, electro-magnetic fields, insulation strength and verification of electrical adequacy of products.
• Provide Conceptual Electrical Design, from Tender to Detailed Contract Design
• Lead the GR7, GR8a and GR8b and attend the other Gate Reviews including the GR9 for evaluating all designs with Unit Design Execution and Production responsibilities to be in charge of assurance of quality of design during production by means of necessary follow-ups, meetings etc.
• Work together with the other CoE & DE teams of the Technology & Engineering organization and with the R&D to design, adapt and improve standard tools, rules and procedures for Shunt Reactor (SR) as a part of PTR Common Design Concept.
• Following non-conformance reports and taking necessary preventive actions. Attend engineering & production reviews to produce error free designs & reliable products, to reduce the cost of non-quality and to insure adequate performance of the unit.
• Analysing customer complaints and respond to them.
• Preparing the tender and/or contract design, taking in account international rules and national standards, using the appropriate GE standards and tools, relying on material specifications (technical understandings, costs, procurement loop), and manufacturing capabilities
• Participate to technical customers meetings when needed and support Design Execution team to provide solutions to the customers in coordination with PTR experts.
• Analyzing failures for RCA & corrective actions, preparing analysis reports internally & externally
• Aware of the company and local EHS policies, rules and standards. Showing exemplary behaviours on EHS. Coaching, supporting and monitoring of EHS implementations in his/her team and area of responsibility. Performing the preventive/corrective actions in collaboration with EHS team to avoid the accidents, incidents and environmental damages.
Qualifications/Requirements:• Bachelor’s Degree in Electrical Engineering, from accredited universities
• Good level of English allowing easy communication in international environment
• Good level knowledge of transformers and reactors design process
• Min 4 years experience in electrical design
Desired Characteristics:Strong oral and written communication skills.
Strong interpersonal skills.
Ability to work independently.
Strong problem solving skills.
About Us:GE (NYSE:GE) drives the world forward by tackling its biggest challenges. By combining world-class engineering with software and analytics, GE helps the world work more efficiently, reliably, and safely. GE people are global, diverse and dedicated, operating with the highest integrity and passion to fulfill GE’s mission and deliver for our customers. www.ge.comAdditional Locations:Turkey;Gebze;