General Electric Senior Staff Technical Program Manager in Ft Worth, Texas
Manages a group of employees or consultants to ensure successful completion of digital technology programs or projects. Provides people leadership including budget, resource allocation and performance development. Works with a single team, across teams, BHGE Oil Field Services product company, or entire BHGE product companies to implement digital technology strategies. May manage employees or contractors in multiple distinct areas of work.
• Responsible for identifying opportunities across engineering and supply chain, including the factory, to drive measurable value that impacts BHGE financials
• Responsible for managing work deliverables, risk, and dependencies of the solutions across a standard systems development life cycle (SDLC), using appropriate approaches including agile and water-fall strategies. Responsible for defining and executing programs, and tracking and monitoring key metrics to ensure milestones are met on time and on budget. Proactively identifies and resolves issues and makes recommendations for improvements to existing business and information technology processes
• Establishes governance structure that identifies key performance indicators, sets milestones, and establishes a reporting cadence. Ensures that the product development process abides by all defined cross-discipline standards and all compliance and regulatory requirements. Has financial responsibility and accountability for programs / projects
• Manages program / project / agile teams, including cross-functional staff or external consultants. Develop high-performing teams through functional and technical leadership skills. Provide coaching, feedback, and developmental opportunities, to direct/indirect reports within a broader team
• Will influence beyond the scope of their immediate business segment, potentially across modalities and CoEs. Defines and implements processes for coordination and communication between organizations and with BHGE stakeholders. Works closely with product release management to ensure that BHGE digital product deliverables are coordinated with corresponding deliverables from other BHGE organizations.
• Proven track record of setting targets, executing a plan, and delivering results. Proven track record of strong people management within at least one discipline and/or expertise within the discipline. Measures the impact of trends (cyclical or a shift) and takes action
• Strong cross-functional collaboration and influencing skills from both a strategic and technical standpoint across the function and business in a complex global matrix organization. Places high emphasis on strategy & influence. Ability to influence at the peer level is key
• Ability to decompose problems and make decisions when problems or solutions are not 100% defined. Strong business analysis and problem problem-solving skills. Ability to plan and provide structure and organization in a fast paced, changing environment. Effectively manages risk and uncertainty for self and team. Proactively identifies and removes project obstacles or barriers on behalf of the team
• Uses critical thinking skills and disciplined approaches to help leaders and leadership teams resolve issues and define solutions. Evaluates products & processes to assure compliance
• Ability to interact at all levels of the organization, and with other BHGE businesses and partners. Experienced managing senior individual leaders or contributors. Reports can be as high as the SPB2 band level
• Bachelor’s Degree in Computer Science or in “STEM” Majors (Science, Technology, Engineering and Math)
• A minimum of 10+ years of experience along with established leadership across the discipline and function
Locations: United States; Texas; HOUSTON
GE will only employ those who are legally authorized to work in the United States for this opening.