General Electric Senior Staff Data Scientist - Houston, TX in Ft Worth, Texas
Baker Hughes, a GE company (NYSE:BHGE) is the world’s first and only fullstream provider of integrated oilfield products, services and digital solutions. Drawing on a storied heritage of invention, BHGE harnesses the passion and experience of its people to enhance productivity across the oil and gas value chain.
BHGE helps its customers acquire, transport and refine hydrocarbons more efficiently, productively and safely, with a smaller environmental footprint and at lower cost per barrel. Backed by the digital industrial strength of GE, the company deploys minds, machines and the cloud to break down silos and reduce waste and risk, applying breakthroughs from other industries to advance its own.
With operations in over 120 countries, the company’s global scale, local know-how and commitment to service infuse over a century of experience with the spirit of a startup – inventing smarter ways to bring energy to the world.
Follow Baker Hughes, a GE company on Twitter @BHGECo, or visit us at BHGE.com.
Baker Hughes, a GE Company is currently hiring a Senior Staff Data Scientist based in Houston, TX.
As a Senior Staff Data Scientist, you will work with customers and product line leaders to solve challenges in the oil and gas industry. You will work with customers to understand product needs and translate requirements into commercial product offerings for the Digital Wells portfolio.
• Work with customers, engineers, and other data scientists to develop and validate analytics within well-defined projects to address customer needs and opportunities
• Work in technical teams in development, deployment, and application of applied analytics, predictive analytics, and prescriptive analytics
• Lead the product research and development for data science analytics using the latest techniques in computer vision, imaging algorithms, natural language processing, artificial networks, and deep learning models
• Work alongside software developers and software engineers to translate algorithms into commercially viable products and services
• Generate reports, annotated code, and other projects artifacts to document, archive, and communicate your work and outcomes
• Provide leadership on best practices, industry trends, and future potential for industrial analytics
• Bachelor's Degree in a “STEM” major (Science, Technology, Engineering, Mathematics)
• Minimum 5-10 years of analytics development for industrial applications in a commercial setting OR completion of a GE Leadership program
• Master's Degree in a "STEM" major (Science, Technology, Engineering, Mathematics)
• Demonstrated experience coding in one or more languages (e.g. Python, Matlab, C, C++, R, or Java)
• Demonstrated skill in the use of one or more ML/DL frameworks (e.g. TensorFlow, Caffe2, Theano, Torch, CTPN, MXNet)
• Demonstrated ability to develop and apply data and analytics models based on physics or empirical machine learning on industrial equipment and processes.
• Experience incorporating engineering analytics or advanced data-driven analytics into software solutions
• Experience in Computer Vision and AI/Deep Learning technologies
• Strong background in deep learning and modeling techniques (RNN, CNN, DNN, ANN, DBN etc.)
• Demonstrated skill at data cleansing, data quality assessment, and using analytics for data assessment
• Demonstrated skill in the use of applied analytics, descriptive statistics, feature extraction and predictive analytics on industrial datasets
• Demonstrated skill at data visualization and storytelling for an audience of stakeholders
• Demonstrated awareness of data management methods
• Demonstrated awareness of real time analytics development and deployment
• Demonstrated skill in data management methods and analytic scaling
• Demonstrated awareness of customer and stakeholder management and business metrics
• Demonstrated awareness of critical thinking and problem-solving methods
• Demonstrated awareness of presentation and influencing skills
• Demonstrated awareness of how to succeed in ambiguous circumstances
• Demonstrated awareness of how to leverage curiosity and creativity to drive business impact
Baker Hughes, a GE company is an Equal Opportunity Employer. Employment decisions are made without regard to race, color, religion, national or ethnic origin, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity or expression, age, disability, protected veteran status or other characteristics protected by law. Learn more at https://www.eeoc.gov/employers/upload/posterscreenreader_optimized.pdf
Locations: United States; Texas; HOUSTON
GE will only employ those who are legally authorized to work in the United States for this opening.