General Electric Senior R&D Scientist (CWI) - Houston, TX in Ft Worth, Texas
Baker Hughes, a GE company (NYSE:BHGE) is the world’s first and only fullstream provider of integrated oilfield products, services and digital solutions. Drawing on a storied heritage of invention, BHGE harnesses the passion and experience of its people to enhance productivity across the oil and gas value chain.
BHGE helps its customers acquire, transport and refine hydrocarbons more efficiently, productively and safely, with a smaller environmental footprint and at lower cost per barrel. Backed by the digital industrial strength of GE, the company deploys minds, machines and the cloud to break down silos and reduce waste and risk, applying breakthroughs from other industries to advance its own.
With operations in over 120 countries, the company’s global scale, local know-how and commitment to service infuse over a century of experience with the spirit of a startup – inventing smarter ways to bring energy to the world.
Follow Baker Hughes, a GE company on Twitter @BHGECo, or visit us at BHGE.com.
Baker Hughes Incorporated has an opening for a Senior R&D Scientist to support Completions and Wellbore Intervention at our facility in Houston, TX. The Senior R&D Scientist is required to support development of downhole ultrasonic sensors in Smart Intervention product line. Primary focus for this role will be to lead multidisciplinary effort to advance physics understanding and ultrasonic sensor design and development.
· Lead multidisciplinary effort in developing ultrasonic sensor for casing and cement evaluation
· Conduct modeling and simulation to understand and predict ultrasonic transducer performance
· Ultrasonic characterization of materials and characterization of ultrasonic transducer in the lab
· Perform ultrasonic signal processing in both time and frequency domain
· Lead field testing of downhole ultrasonic instruments
· Assess trend in industry and competition, and protect intellectual property
· Represent BHGE in external discussions and technical forums and handles special project as required.
· Bachelor’s Degree in Engineering or Physics
· 8+ years experiences in research and product development in downhole ultrasonic instruments
· State-of-the-art knowledge of ultrasound borehole fluid, casing and cement evaluation, including pulse-echo and Lamb wave modalities
· 1D, 2D, and 3D modeling of ultrasound transducer array acoustic performance
· Ultrasound array field modeling
· Advanced ultrasonic signal processing in both time and frequency domain
· Project management experience
· Self-motivating, quick learner and result oriented
· Excellent communication skills
· Master or Ph.D. degree in Engineering or Physics preferred
· Knowledge of low frequency ultrasound array transducer fabrication using piezoceramic and piezocomposites
· Familiar with KLM and Mason models
· Familiar with software PZFlex, ANSYS / COMSOL, Field-II
· High voltage spike and square-wave ultrasonic pulser-receiver-multiplexer design.
· DAS beam-former design
· Ultrasound transducer transmit and pulse-echo field characterization using 3-axis field measurement system
Houston, TX 77040
Baker Hughes, a GE company is an Equal Opportunity Employer. Employment decisions are made without regard to race, color, religion, national or ethnic origin, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity or expression, age, disability, protected veteran status or other characteristics protected by law. Learn more at https://www.eeoc.gov/employers/upload/posterscreenreader_optimized.pdf
Locations: United States; Texas; HOUSTON
GE will only employ those who are legally authorized to work in the United States for this opening.