General Electric Mechanical Sustaining Engineer – Wellbore Construction – Houston, TX in Ft Worth, Texas
Baker Hughes, a GE company (NYSE:BHGE) is the world’s first and only fullstream provider of integrated oilfield products, services and digital solutions. Drawing on a storied heritage of invention, BHGE harnesses the passion and experience of its people to enhance productivity across the oil and gas value chain.
BHGE helps its customers acquire, transport and refine hydrocarbons more efficiently, productively and safely, with a smaller environmental footprint and at lower cost per barrel. Backed by the digital industrial strength of GE, the company deploys minds, machines and the cloud to break down silos and reduce waste and risk, applying breakthroughs from other industries to advance its own.
With operations in over 120 countries, the company’s global scale, local know-how and commitment to service infuse over a century of experience with the spirit of a startup – inventing smarter ways to bring energy to the world.
Follow Baker Hughes, a GE company on Twitter @BHGECo, or visit us at BHGE.com.
Baker Hughes, a GE company has an opening for a Mechanical Sustaining Engineer – Wellbore Construction supporting Completions and Wellbore Intervention Sustaining activities in Houston, TX. This engineer will be responsible for providing engineering support with regard to sustaining engineering functions for manufacturing, quality, supply chain, and the application engineering group.
· Sustaining activities include providing manufacturing support. Examples include:
o Disposition Quality Notifications and Deviation Requests from manufacturing
o Review and take relevant actions on Engineering Change Requests (ECR)
o Create and process Engineering Change Notices (ECN)
o Assist with assembly issues
o Support Quality group with customer pre-production meetings
· Sustaining activities include providing product technical support. Examples include:
o Create standard data sheets and design packages for legacy tools
o Prepare design packages for customer required Detailed Design Reviews (DDR)
o Perform feasibility studies and create required layouts
o Conduct component validation testing and created required layouts
o Provide technical support to operations and application engineering
o Research and complete FRACAS incidents assigned to Technology
o Create and maintain technical documentation
o Modify legacy products
· Handle special projects, as assigned.
· Bachelor's Degree in Mechanical Engineering
· Should possess good 2D & 3D CAD skills (SolidWorks preferred)
· Microsoft Excel experience
· Ability to work “hands on” in a test lab facility
· Good individual communication skills with good problem solving ability
· The successful candidate must be authorized to work in the US without sponsorship.
· Ability to travel to remote field locations and work under less than ideal environmental conditions occasionally.
· Knowledge of connections and pipe mechanical properties with experience in design of down hole oil field equipment strongly preferred
· Understanding of basic oilfield practices and applications
· Sustaining design experience a plus
· Wellbore Construction experience a plus
· 1+ years of oilfield mechanical design experience
Houston, TX 77040
Baker Hughes, a GE company is an Equal Opportunity Employer. Employment decisions are made without regard to race, color, religion, national or ethnic origin, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity or expression, age, disability, protected veteran status or other characteristics protected by law. Learn more at https://www.eeoc.gov/employers/upload/posterscreenreader_optimized.pdf
Locations: United States; Texas; HOUSTON
GE will only employ those who are legally authorized to work in the United States for this opening.