General Electric Lead Engineer - Testing in Florence, South Carolina
Provide leadership, planning, and execution of “Lean Test” initiatives impacting new product development (NPI) and existing manufacturing test processes. Implement test processes that deliver high product quality and significant manufacturing productivity. Collaborate with COE’s and plants to integrate global activities, and achieve initiative goals. AME II - Test (Advanced Manufacturing Engineering) is recognized as a key technology leader within the test engineering domain.
• Work with the Test COE, Lean COE, and plant leadership to identify and deliver significant productivity improvements related to test methods, processes, tooling, and equipment
• Work collaboratively with the plants to assess and build a “Lean Test Productivity” roadmap for Growth Playbook, and ensure necessary planning for S2
• Drive improved product quality & productivity by identifying manufacturing issues, utilizing Lean, Six-Sigma, & Technology to develop cost-effective solutions, and overseeing successful implementation into production
• Monitor and measure productivity improvements, while ensuring all customer commitments are timely and cost-conscious and met with quality
• Ensure early focus on manufacturability in NPI and/or Advanced Technology programs. Drive rigor in process capability assessment, Lean process layout, tooling and equipment development and QMS Design Transfer execution
• Leads to define DFT and wing to wing test strategy for production testing process
• Drive AME initiatives across sites while providing business-wide impact and enabling sharing of best practices across the Global Supply Chain
• Ensure regulatory compliance through Qualification & Validation. Responsible for ensuring rigor in determining processes requiring validation, development of plans and analysis criteria, execution and final analysis and acceptance
• Drive continuous simplification of QMS methods and their applications by working with cross-functional team including Operations and Quality Assurance. Work with the facilities and maintenance team to implement change and ensure the required product capacity is in place before it is required by customer demand
• Ability to collaborate and lead in a global environment, across cultures, geographies, and time zones.
B.S. Degree in Mechanical, Electrical, Industrial Engineering or related technical degree and 3 years’ experience or Associates Degree and 5 years’ experience or High School diploma with 7 years of experience in production, engineering or troubleshooting
Demonstrated experience with tester development and test specification setting.
Demonstrated depth of LabVIEW programming skill
Demonstrated troubleshooting, analytical and planning skills
Ability to work independently
Demonstrated strong communication skills (written and verbal) to all levels of the organization
Ability to identify and implement Best Practices
Willingness to travel
MS/PHD in technical concentration/field
7+ years industrial experience in Manufacturing Engineering
Experience developing in Unix/Linux system
Experience developing in data science, image processing, machine learning, AR…
Demonstrated program or project leadership and influencing skills
Demonstrated Lean/Six-Sigma practitioner, Lean/Six-Sigma Black Belt certification desired
Experience driving big ROI manufacturing productivity projects
Demonstrated ability to lead/execute manufacturing technology or automation projects
Demonstrated basic Electronic, DFT and Automation solution design skills
Experience working with global teams & leading global projects
Experience working in a highly regulated manufacturing environment (i.e. medical, aviation)
Solid working knowledge of GEHC QMS procedures for GMP
GE (NYSE:GE) drives the world forward by tackling its biggest challenges. By combining world-class engineering with software and analytics, GE helps the world work more efficiently, reliably, and safely. GE people are global, diverse and dedicated, operating with the highest integrity and passion to fulfill GE’s mission and deliver for our customers. www.ge.com
GE offers a great work environment, professional development, challenging careers, and competitive compensation. GE is an Equal Opportunity Employer at http://www.ge.com/sites/default/files/15-000845%20EEO%20combined.pdf . Employment decisions are made without regard to race, color, religion, national or ethnic origin, gender (including pregnancy), sexual orientation, gender identity or expression, age, disability, veteran status or any other characteristics protected by law.
Locations: United States; South Carolina; Florence
GE will only employ those who are legally authorized to work in the United States for this opening.