General Electric Lead Engineer - Systems Architecture & Design in Florence, Italy
As a Subsea Trees Lead Engineer, you will work within the Subsea Well Systems Engineering Organization, reporting solid line to the Engineering Manager and you will support requisition projects, and/or NPI/Product Structuring programs.
You will take part to the whole design cycle of XT, from concept development up to the final engineering release of parts, drawings and related documentation.
In this position he/she will be required to:
• Know and commonly deal with main industry standards at the base of subsea systems design (ISO, API, ASME, NACE, DNVGL, NORSOK, EUROCODE);
• Know in depth design methodologies and practices of subsea components with specific focus on Trees design;
• Prepare and manage engineering tasks aimed to release engineering parts, drws and documentation of the assigned scope of work within complex engineering team assigned to fulfill the project scope;
Coordinate 3D tasks CAD modeling in CREO/IPEM environment,
Issue of drawings and parts, preparation/management of bills of materials (BOM’s);
• Interact with Analysis and Materials representatives in order to validate the design of the items been part of the assigned work scope;
• Interact with Project Management, Sourcing and Manufacturing departments to ensure the required engineering support for procurement;
• Interact with Project Engineering Manager, Product leads, Chief Engineering to get aligned to project goals and objectives, internal design practices or product validation and recommendations;
• Ensure support during Test and Assembly activities in the shop (Montrose, Scotland, UK);
• Ensure control of the assigned package in terms of: spent hours, resource engagement if any and relevant assignments, budget, cost of poor quality, engineering plan progress;
• Be owner for design reviews of the assigned scope, including materials, manufacturing and product safety/environmental reviews;
• Collect lessons learned to drive improvements in product quality;
• Comply with all department initiatives to meet performance metrics requirements (On-Time-Delivery, quality targets, Yield, etc.)
• Ensure equipment is designed in accordance with current Environmental, Health & Safety legislation/regulations and main industry standards.
• Maintain a clean and safe working environment.
• Assist other Engineers and Managers as required;
• Master’s Degree (5 years) in Mechanical (or equivalent knowledge or experience)
• Significant experience as Subsea Engineer involved in design development activities and roles;
• Ability to work independently and comfortably in a global multicultural environment;
• Robust analytical and problem-solving skills;
• Team player attitude and inclusiveness, combined with good communication skills;
• Proficiency with English (spoken and written);
• Proactivity and ability to take initiative to resolve issues;
• Availability to travel when required.
Matured experience in Subsea installation/off-shore;
• General knowledge of materials technology adopted within the oil & gas industry
• Knowledge of manufacturing technologies and processes used for “make” parts and components;
• Previous Oil & Gas experience.
Applications are also considered from a strong Mechanical engineer who has more technical skills rather than engineering from cross industries like Automatice, Nuclear, Aerospace, Power
Baker Hughes, a GE company (NYSE:BHGE) is the world’s first and only fullstream provider of integrated oilfield products, services and digital solutions. We deploy minds and machines to enhance customer productivity, safety and environmental stewardship, while minimizing costs and risks at every step of the energy value chain. With operations in over 120 countries, we infuse over a century of experience with the spirit of a startup – inventing smarter ways to bring energy to the world.
Follow Baker Hughes, a GE company on Twitter www.twitter.com/BHGECo, or visit us at www.bhge.com
Locations: Italy; Florence