General Electric Sr Staff Technical Product Manager in Evendale, Ohio
Job Description Summary
Responsible for operating in lock-step with product management teams to create a clear strategic direction for development needs and conveys that vision to the build and/or operations team. You will direct the team with a clear and descriptive set of requirements and partner with the team to determine what can be delivered through balancing the need for new features, defects, and technical debt. Your priority is seamless integration and alignment of perspectives from a broad set of stakeholders: Product Managers, Technical Anchors, Product Owners and Developers.
• Demonstrate superior product and industry knowledge and helps organization to gain the competitive edge.
• Interacts with customers/stakeholders in VOC requirements-gathering, fine tuning, and obtaining product feedback.
• Works with cross-functional teams to deliver features and major, complex products.
• Possesses a deep understanding of the technology stack and impact on final product.
• Routinely collaborates with UX, Architecture and engineering teams on multiple issues and decisions.
• Conducts customer and stakeholder interviews and elaborates on personas.
• Demonstrates expert persuasion and influencing skills that ensure alignment between customer, product manager and engineering teams.
• Owns the release and sprint backlogs short-term roadmap for MVPs and quarterly releases.
• Owns and manages the backlog; continuously orders and prioritizes to ensure that 1-2 sprints/iterations of backlog are always ready.
• Prioritize continuously in accordance with the understanding and validation of customer problems and needs.
• Demonstrates strategic expert level skills in problem decomposition and ability to navigate through ambiguity.
• Engages frequently (50% of the time) with the development team; facilitates discussions, provides clarification, story acceptance and refinement, testing and validation; contributes to design activities and decisions.
• Translates unstructured or ambiguous work requests into actionable user stories and work units.
• Partners with Development Leadership to ensure healthy development process.
• Mentors junior team members.
• Provide technical leadership to TPMs across organization. Experience in Agile Methodology: Coaches others.
Education and Essential Qualifications:
Bachelor’s degree from accredited university or college with minimum of 5 years of professional experience OR Associates degree with minimum of 8 years of professional experience OR High School Diploma with minimum of 10 years of professional experience
Minimum 5 years of professional experience in Information Systems, Information Technology, or Program Management.
Note: Military experience is equivalent to professional experience
-Legal authorization to work in the U.S. is required. We will not sponsor individuals for employment visas, now or in the future, for this job.
Desired Characteristics Technical Expertise:
• Strong knowledge of software design and coding principles
• Experience working in an Agile environment
• Familiarity with versatile implementation options
• Demonstrates knowledge on technical topics, such as caching, APIs, data transfer, scalability, and security
• Experience in Six Sigma, Lean, and Agile Methodologies.
GE offers a great work environment, professional development, challenging careers, and competitive compensation. GE is an Equal Opportunity Employer (https://assets.phenompeople.com/CareerConnectResources/GE11GLOBAL/en_global/desktop/assets/images/poster_screen_reader_optimized_w_supplement.pdf) . Employment decisions are made without regard to race, color, religion, national or ethnic origin, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity or expression, age, disability, protected veteran status or other characteristics protected by law.
GE will only employ those who are legally authorized to work in the United States for this opening. Any offer of employment is conditioned upon the successful completion of a drug screen (as applicable).
As a federal government contractor, GE may in the future be required to have U.S. employees fully vaccinated against COVID-19. Some GE customers currently have vaccination mandates that may apply to GE employees.
Relocation Assistance Provided: Yes