General Electric Sr. Staff Technical Product Manager - Quality Products in Evendale, Ohio
Job Description Summary
Job Description Summary
Responsible for operating in lock-step with business owners and teams to create a clear strategic direction for development needs and conveys that vision to the build and/or operations team. You will have direct ownership in quality product space. You will provide clear and descriptive set of requirements and partner with the team to determine what can be delivered through balancing the need for new features, defects, and technical debt. Your priority is seamless integration and alignment of perspectives from a broad set of stakeholders: Product Managers, Technical Anchors, Product Owners and Developers.
Roles and Responsibilities
In this role, you will:
• Demonstrate superior product and industry knowledge and helps organization to gain the competitive edge.
• Interacts with customers/stakeholders in VOC requirements-gathering, fine tuning, and obtaining product feedback.
• Works with cross-functional teams to deliver features and major, complex products.
• Possesses a deep understanding of the technology stack and impact on final product.
• Routinely collaborates with business partners, UX, Architecture, software development, and engineering teams on multiple issues and decisions.
• Conducts customer and stakeholder interviews and elaborates on personas.
• Assist in translating business requirements into software development criteria.
• Demonstrates expert persuasion and influencing skills that ensure alignment between customer, product manager and engineering teams.
• Assist with execution of release and sprint backlogs short-term roadmap for MVPs and quarterly releases.
• Owns and manages the requirements backlog; continuously ordered and prioritized to ensure that 1-2 sprints/iterations of backlog are always ready.
• Prioritize continuously in accordance with the understanding and validation of business problems and needs.
• Demonstrates strategic expert level skills in problem decomposition and ability to navigate through ambiguity.
• Engages frequently (50% of the time) with the development team; facilitates discussions, provides clarification, story acceptance and refinement, testing and validation; contributes to design activities and decisions.
• Translates unstructured or ambiguous work requests into actionable user stories and work units.
• Partners with Development Leadership to ensure healthy development process.
• Mentors junior team members.
• Provide technical leadership to TPMs across organization. Expert in Agile Methodology: Coaches others.
For roles outside USA:
Bachelor's Degree in Information Technology, Engineering, or relevant fields with significant experience.
For roles in USA: Bachelor's Degree in Information Technology, Engineering, or relevant fields with minimum 8 years of experience.
Desired Characteristics/Technical Expertise:
• Strong knowledge of software development, design, and coding principles
• Experience working in an Agile environment
• Familiarity with versatile implementation options
• Familiarity with lean methodologies
• Demonstrates knowledge on technical topics, such as caching, APIs, data transfer, scalability, and security
• Demonstrates the initiative to explore alternate technology and approaches to solving problems
• Skilled in breaking down problems, documenting problem statements and estimating efforts
• Has the ability to analyze impact of technology choices
• Skilled in negotiation to align stakeholders and communicate a single synthesized perspective to the software team. Balances value propositions for competing stakeholders.
• Demonstrates knowledge of the competitive environment
• Demonstrates knowledge of technologies in the market to help make buy vs build recommendations, scope MVPs, and to drive market timing decisions
• Influences through others; builds direct and "behind the scenes" support for ideas. Pre-emptively sees downstream consequences and effectively tailors influencing strategy to support a positive outcome.
• Able to verbalize what is behind decisions and downstream implications. Continuously reflecting on success and failures to improve performance and decision-making.
• Understands when change is needed. Participates in technical strategy planning.
• Able to effectively direct and mentor others in critical thinking skills. Proactively engages with cross-functional teams to resolve issues and design solutions using critical thinking and analysis skills and best practices. Finds important patterns in seemingly unrelated information.
• Influences and energizes other toward the common vision and goal. Maintains excitement for a process and drives to new directions of meeting the goal even when odds and setbacks render one path impassable.
• Innovates and integrates new processes and/or technology to significantly add value to GE. Identifies how the cost of change weighs against the benefits and advises accordingly. Proactively learns new solutions and processes to address seemingly unanswerable problems.
This role is restricted to U.S. persons (i.e., U.S. citizens, permanent residents, and other protected individuals under the Immigration and Naturalization Act, 8 U.S.C. 1324b(a)(3)) due to access to export-controlled technology. GE will require proof of status prior to employment.
GE offers a great work environment, professional development, challenging careers, and competitive compensation. GE is an Equal Opportunity Employer (https://assets.phenompeople.com/CareerConnectResources/GE11GLOBAL/en_global/desktop/assets/images/poster_screen_reader_optimized_w_supplement.pdf) . Employment decisions are made without regard to race, color, religion, national or ethnic origin, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity or expression, age, disability, protected veteran status or other characteristics protected by law.
GE will only employ those who are legally authorized to work in the United States for this opening. Any offer of employment is conditioned upon the successful completion of a drug screen (as applicable).
Relocation Assistance Provided: Yes