General Electric Sr. Staff Engineer - Embedded SW Development in Evendale, Ohio
Job Description Summary
In this role, you will guide the creation of a product line Safety Critical Embedded Operating System for use in Full Authority Digital Engine Controllers. This role provides autonomy and responsibility for the creation of software specifications and requirements to meet several project's needs through a common OS Product.
You will be responsible for coordinating and working with multiple engine projects as the OS expert and software project leader.
Roles and Responsibilities
In this role, you will:
• Lead technical and business discussions relative to future FADEC OS architectural direction.
• Develop OS project and product roadmaps.
• Develop OS architectural and functional requirements and maintain a product line.
• Support the development of application software with reusable components.
• Lead and interact with supplier development teams.
• Perform Airborne Embedded Software architecture configuration management activities in support of an OS Product line
• Work with multiple customers to align outcomes and desired technical solutions at a product line level
• This role requires an active security clearance -or- the ability to obtain a security clearance.
Bachelor's Degree in Computer Science or Mathematics (or a high school diploma / GED with at least 6 years of experience in Job Family Group(s)/Function(s). Work experience considered in absence of a degree.
An Active Security Clearance or the ability to obtain a security clearance.
Strong oral and written communication skills. Strong interpersonal and leadership skills. Demonstrated ability to analyze and resolve problems.
Demonstrated ability to lead programs / projects.
Ability to document, plan, market, and execute programs. Established project management skills.
Master's Degree in relevant field is a plus.
Familiarity with RTCA/DO-178
Familiarity with RTCA/DO-254
This role is restricted to U.S. persons (i.e., U.S. citizens, permanent residents, and other protected individuals under the Immigration and Naturalization Act, 8 U.S.C. 1324b(a)(3)) due to access to export-controlled technology. GE will require proof of status prior to employment.
GE offers a great work environment, professional development, challenging careers, and competitive compensation. GE is an Equal Opportunity Employer (https://assets.phenompeople.com/CareerConnectResources/GE11GLOBAL/en_global/desktop/assets/images/poster_screen_reader_optimized_w_supplement.pdf) . Employment decisions are made without regard to race, color, religion, national or ethnic origin, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity or expression, age, disability, protected veteran status or other characteristics protected by law.
GE will only employ those who are legally authorized to work in the United States for this opening. Any offer of employment is conditioned upon the successful completion of a drug screen (as applicable).
As a federal government contractor, GE may in the future be required to have U.S. employees fully vaccinated against COVID-19. Some GE customers currently have vaccination mandates that may apply to GE employees.
Relocation Assistance Provided: Yes