General Electric CMC Material Application Engineer in Evendale, Ohio
Job Description Summary
The CMC Materials Application engineer provides direction, leadership, and support to the work group in order to meet assigned objectives. In this role, you will work both independently and with various teams to resolve ceramic matrix composite (CMC) issues related to business initiatives, new product introduction, production, and field service. The issues will require decisions on issues ranging from moderately complex to highly complex over both short and longer time frames within your area of expertise.
Key Responsibilities Include:
• Execute both independently and as part of a team, materials engineering review and analysis, preparation of test plans for material and process evaluations, material and process recommendations, review with engineering leaders as required and other materials engineering support activities.
• Apply expertise of ceramic composite processing and properties to support the manufacture and design of CMC engine hardware
Additional expectations are:
• Prepare and present technical data to internal and external customers
• Document, analyze, and communicate results of technical data generated consistent with engineering policies and procedures
• Has knowledge of best practices and how own area integrates with others;
• Acts as a resource for colleagues with less experience. May lead projects with low resource requirements. Explains information; developing skills to bring team members to consensus around topics within field.
Bachelor's degree from an accredited university or college (or a high school diploma / GED with at least 2 years of experience in Job Family Group(s)/Function(s)).
ELIGIBILITY REQUIREMENTS :
• Legal authorization to work in the U.S. is required. We will not sponsor individuals for employment visas, now or in the future, for this job opening
• M.S. degree in Materials Engineering, Materials Science or Metallurgy from an accredited university or college
• PhD in Materials Engineering, Materials Science or Metallurgy from an accredited university or college
• Experience with high pressure turbine alloys and coatings
• Experience with ceramic composites
• Experience with aerospace industry manufacturing, quality systems and field support a plus
• Strong oral and written communication skills
• Strong interpersonal and leadership skills
• Ability to successfully work in a team environment
This role is restricted to U.S. persons (i.e., U.S. citizens, permanent residents, and other protected individuals under the Immigration and Naturalization Act, 8 U.S.C. 1324b(a)(3)) due to access to export-controlled technology. GE will require proof of status prior to employment.
GE offers a great work environment, professional development, challenging careers, and competitive compensation. GE is an Equal Opportunity Employer (https://assets.phenompeople.com/CareerConnectResources/GE11GLOBAL/en_global/desktop/assets/images/poster_screen_reader_optimized_w_supplement.pdf) . Employment decisions are made without regard to race, color, religion, national or ethnic origin, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity or expression, age, disability, protected veteran status or other characteristics protected by law.
GE will only employ those who are legally authorized to work in the United States for this opening. Any offer of employment is conditioned upon the successful completion of a drug screen (as applicable).
As a federal government contractor, GE may in the future be required to have U.S. employees fully vaccinated against COVID-19. Some GE customers currently have vaccination mandates that may apply to GE employees.
Relocation Assistance Provided: Yes