General Electric Advanced Lead Testing Specialist in Evendale, Ohio
Job Description Summary
The Advanced Lead Testing Specialist will be tasked with supporting both the NT Facility compact radar range and ElectroMagnetics (EM) measurements Lab. The technician will co-lead efforts to conduct RCS range measurements, prepare range models, collect RCS data, and maintain range readiness. The technician will also help co-lead EM material measurements, tests various non-metallic materials, generates EM material data, and maintain lab readiness. The technician will perform assigned tests to support various N&DP programs.The Advanced Lead Data Acquisition Technician will be tasked with supporting both the NT Facility compact radar range and ElectroMagnetics (EM) measurements Lab. The technician will co-lead efforts to conduct RCS range measurements, prepare range models, collect RCS data, and maintain range readiness. The technician will also help co-lead EM material measurements, tests various non-metallic materials, generates EM material data, and maintain lab readiness. The technician will perform assigned tests to support various N&DP programs.
· Perform RCS & EM measurements as prescribed by Test Project sheets following established test procedures.
· Prepare EM and RCS technical data as requested to test engineers
· Assist model and material prep work prescribed by Test project sheets at direction of lead engineers
· Perform small fixturing design and fabrication.
· Participate with EM and range test engineers to address specific test initiatives such as quality, process improvements, test upgrades, and new equipment
· Consult with EM and radar range test engineers to assure data quality and proper data test procedures are followed
· Assure proper Security & EHS procedures are followed for data, process, and material handling.
· Provide timely communications on significant test issues or developments
Bachelor’s Degree from an accredited college or university (or a HS diploma and 4 years of experience)
Minimum of 3 years of experience
· Knowledge of radar range data collection procedures measurements
· Experience in manual machining - with Bridgeport mill and lathe, grinding, drill press, tool making experience
· Ability to interpret draft drawings, design w CAD, and fabrication complex fixturing
· Experience in lifting large complex fixtures; Forklift training / license; Knowledge of cranes & hoists
· Experience radar model prep in elastomeric sheet coating application; creating templates for sheet coating; use of adhesives or adhesive tapes
· Demonstrated ability to organize and perform tasks in self-directed manner
· Good communication skills
· Any previous work experience in EM measurement including:
·Experience running test systems including waveguides, stripline, arches, and focused beam equipment.
· Experience in precise machining and prepping material samples to fit into designated equipment holders
· Experience in operating precision network analyzers (PNA) electronic equipment
· Experience running software codes in Excel or Labview
This role is restricted to U.S. persons (i.e., U.S. citizens, permanent residents, and other protected individuals under the Immigration and Naturalization Act, 8 U.S.C. 1324b(a)(3)) due to access to export-controlled technology. GE will require proof of status prior to employment.
GE offers a great work environment, professional development, challenging careers, and competitive compensation. GE is an Equal Opportunity Employer (https://assets.phenompeople.com/CareerConnectResources/GE11GLOBAL/en_global/desktop/assets/images/poster_screen_reader_optimized_w_supplement.pdf) . Employment decisions are made without regard to race, color, religion, national or ethnic origin, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity or expression, age, disability, protected veteran status or other characteristics protected by law.
GE will only employ those who are legally authorized to work in the United States for this opening. Any offer of employment is conditioned upon the successful completion of a drug screen (as applicable).
Relocation Assistance Provided: No