General Electric Equipment - Global Locomotive Operation (GLO) Proposal Leader in Erie, Pennsylvania
Lead cross functional / cross P&L teams in the development and execution of winning deal strategies, proposals and contracts. Evaluate & understand the competitive environment, stakeholder engagement, while realizing price for value delivered, assuring cost information is accurate and complete . Meet legal requirements and business financial targets. Drive deal profitability and winning share by balancing customer, market requirements with engineering and supply chain requirements.
• Manage and lead the Locomotive and/or Locomotive kit proposal process, inquiry to order (ITO).
• Understand and adhere to all requirements of Request for Information (RFI), Tenders and Request for Proposals (RFP’s).
• Own “on-time” development and delivery of all written proposals and contracts. Align with key cross functional stakeholders to ensure all language meets both internal and external requirements.
• Work with Global Account Sales leaders to identify customer commercial and technical CTQ’s while translating the requirements into “world-class” business offerings.
• Support efforts to generate comprehensive, winning commercial proposal strategies.
• Align with Product Management to determine the best possible product/technical offering for each specific region, customer and application.
• Assist with competitive assessments, developing customer-specific value stories and structuring internal / external price walks.
• Team with Proposals Engineering and other cross functional owners to ensure that proposal costs, delivery timing and risk assessments are complete, thorough and on-time to meet required proposal due dates.
• Engage Finance to develop comprehensive financial models, including various scenarios and/or alternatives. Additionally, work with finance to propose external funding alternatives, as required.
• Maintain ownership and continuous adherence to all business processes including: Policy 5.0, Tollgate, Strategy and Negotiation Playbooks, while securing the appropriate approvals.
• Bachelor's degree in Business administration, Engineering or a technical equivalent
• Minimum 3 years of commercial experience including: developing, writing highly complex proposals and contracts, formulating business strategies that fit each product offering and winning strategy
• Minimum 3 years’ experience with financial and profitability analysis
• Minimum 3 years’ experience with direct customer interactions, presentations and relationship building
• Minimum 3 years’ experience negotiating with internal and/or external customers
• Minimum 3 years’ experience in the Railroad industry
Strong oral and written communication skills.
Strong interpersonal and leadership skills.
Demonstrated ability to analyze and resolve problems.
Demonstrated ability to lead programs / projects.
Ability to document, plan, market, and execute programs.
Established project management skills.
Transportation At GE Transportation at http://www.getransportation.com/ , we are in the business of realizing potential. We are a global technology leader and supplier of equipment, services and solutions to the rail, mining, marine, stationary power and drilling industries. Our innovations help customers deliver goods and services with greater speed and savings using our advanced manufacturing techniques and connected machines. Our digital solutions , which provide data-driven insights to improve efficiency, utilize Predix – GE’s cloud-based operating system for the Industrial Internet. Established more than a century ago, GE Transportation is a division of the General Electric Company that began as a pioneer in passenger and freight locomotives. That innovative spirit still drives GE Transportation today and is strengthened by our ability to serve customers more holistically through the GE Store – a global exchange of knowledge, technology and tools across all GE businesses that ultimately provides better outcomes for customers. GE Transportation is headquartered in Chicago, IL, and employs approximately 10,000 employees worldwide.
GE offers a great work environment, professional development, challenging careers, and competitive compensation. GE is an Equal Opportunity Employer at http://www.ge.com/sites/default/files/15-000845%20EEO%20combined.pdf . Employment decisions are made without regard to race, color, religion, national or ethnic origin, gender (including pregnancy), sexual orientation, gender identity or expression, age, disability, veteran status or any other characteristics protected by law.
Locations: United States; Pennsylvania; Erie
GE will only employ those who are legally authorized to work in the United States for this opening.