General Electric European Cash Analyst - Intern in Dublin, Ireland
Job Description Summary
The Cash Analyst will be responsible for managing all liquidity requirements for Europe based cash through effective forecasting, daily cash activities, maintaining relationships with counterparts and banks and ensuring cash is managed in most effective manner in a wing to wing Cash Operations process. This role reports to the Director of European Cash Operations, based in Dublin, Ireland.
• Become a subject matter expert on the day to day responsibilities of multiple European cash desks. Manage cash positions within pre-defined tolerances - these responsibilities include: set daily cash positions for cash pools (multiple currencies; various sources) and provide forecasts to Trade Execution, Investments and Funding teams for further action.
• Monitor and take action on pooled and non-pooled cash pockets.
• Coordinate with businesses and treasury stakeholders on planning and execution of complex transitions.
• Extensive cross functional, cross region and bank counterparty coordination required to support these cash actions globally.
• Monitor and manage actuals vs. against forecasts; investigate variances.
• Review bank balances for all currencies; take corrective action as necessary.
• Provide backup coverage for other cash desks in Europe, Americas and Asia-Pac for planned/unplanned absences, holiday coverage or outages.
• Perform daily cash reconciliation for all Cash Operations accounts.
• Ensure adequate and systematic reporting of process risk incidents.
• Participate in system testing related to enhancements and implementation.
• Ensure interest claim impact is minimal and claims received are managed in most effective manner
• Bachelor’s Degree or working towards same in Finance, Accounting, Business, Finance or related
• Demonstrated strong analytical skills
• Strong computer skills and proficiency in PowerPoint and Excel
• Must be willing to comply with pre-employment screening, including but not limited to drug testing, reference verification, and background check.
• Must be willing to work out of an office in Dublin.
• Legal authorization to work in Ireland is required. We will not sponsor individuals for employment visas, now or in the future, for this job opening.
Relocation Assistance Provided: No